Faking it || S.S (part 2)

In the next few days you continued your fake dating with Sadie. You walked around school holding hands, peck each other on the lips and all the other couple stuff. You even won the title of prom queens.

But you couldn't fake your feelings.

No doubt about it. You fell in love with Sadie.

But you knew she wasn't interested in you. She was interested in Caleb.

———

You and Sadie were in the living room watching a movie when Sadie's phone started buzzing.

"Who texted?" You asked.

"Just my Mum, she says to give you a hug." Sadie grinned, but you could tell she was lying.

Sadie and Caleb, meanwhile, had gotten together but kept it a secret. But you knew about it.

Sadie talks about Caleb all the time. And every time she talks about him, you get angry.

———

Meanwhile, Noah has become a very close friend of you. He was the first person you told that you were in love with Sadie.

You also told him that you and Sadie were faking your relationship to be popular.

Noah never turned away from you. He acted like a real friend. He promised you he wouldn't tell anyone about these secrets.

And you trusted him.

But you didn't know at the time that he accidentally told Caleb.

———

"I think I know now why you're always angry when I mention-" Sadie began.

"Caleb?" You finished instead, irritated.

"Yes." She nodded. "Like I said, now I know why." She said calmly.

"Oh believe me, you have no idea." You said and then looked at the floor.

"Do you have feelings for me?" Sadie asked as if she knew the answer in advance.

"What? No! Ew!" You said with a grimace.

"Y/n, I know when you're lying."

"Oh yeah? Because I've been lying since I kissed you in the school gym."

"It's been weeks and you haven't told me?"

You shrugged. "I was afraid I'd lose you."

Sadie walked over to you and took your hand.

"You'll never lose me." She smiled. "Look it's no big deal you're just confused and-"

"No, I'm not." You shook your head. "We're attracted to each other, you can't deny that."

"Y/n, enough."

"I love you!" You finally said and then burst into tears.

Sadie pulled a sad smile from her lips. "I love you too Y/n, more than anyone else on earth, but in a different way."

"But how do you know if you don't try?."

Sadie's eyes watered and she took a deep breath. "I slept with Caleb."

As soon as she said that, your heart broke in two place. You felt immense pain.

You couldn't stay near Sadie any longer. She hurt you, and the anger that ran through your body at that moment made you unable to think clearly.

You wanted to hurt Sadie as much as she hurt you.

You started drinking. You had no idea how much you'd drunk, but you didn't care.

Then you saw Caleb with a champagne bottle in his hand. He looked as drunk as you were.

The next thing you knew, you found yourself in bed with Caleb. Naked.

———

The next morning you woke up with a terrible headache. You sat up in bed, groaning, only to realise that you were naked.

You couldn't really remember what had happened last night.

Then someone started moving on the bed. You looked to the other side of the bed and saw Caleb. Also naked.

That's when you remembered some of the memories from last night.

You told Sadie you loved her and she didn't love you back. You started drinking and then you slept with Caleb.

You went to the bathroom to get dressed. When you walked back to your room, you saw Caleb getting dressed. You walked over to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close to you.

"If you ever tell Sadie that, I will kill you." You said menacingly.

"Believe me, I don't want any drama in my life either." He replied.

"Good." You said and then let go of his collar.

Caleb walked towards the door and you stopped him.

"Nah-uh. Go out the window."

———

In the next few days you avoided Sadie and Caleb as much as you could. The only person you talked to was Noah.

You saw Noah, something was bothering him. Like he felt guilty, but you didn't know why.

"Noah, are you okay?" You asked.

Noah took a deep breath. "I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I accidentally told Caleb that you and Sadie were faking it and maybe that you were in love with Sadie." He said sadly.

"You did what?" You freaked out.