Woods || S.S

You are a photographer. In the afternoon you went for a walk in the nearby forest and took your camera with you. You were walking along the path when you saw a squirrel. You turned on your camera and crouched down. The squirrel came closer to you so you could get a closer shot.

"Hi little one." You said as you took the picture.

You took a couple of pictures of the squirrel when something or someone didn't scare the squirrel away.

"Well, I don't believe it." You whined.

You turned around to see what had scared the squirrel. 

"What are you doing here?" You asked bluntly.

"Just out for a walk. What are you doing here?"

"Taking pictures until you scared the squirrel away." You said.

"Oh, sorry I-" She started to, but you cut her off.

"No problem. You couldn't have known." You said with a smile.

"You know, if someone tells me I'm going to meet Y/n Y/l/n today, I'm going to laugh."

"Do you know who I am?" You asked, surprised.

"Of course. I'm a fan of your photos." She said with a smile.

"I never thought I'd be a fan of a fan of mine."

"So you know who I am."

"You could say that." You said jokingly.

"I'm Sadie." She said with a smile and then held out her hand to you.

"Y/n." You introduced yourself as you shook hands.

"May I?" She asked while pointing towards your camera.

You didn't answer, you just walked up to her and handed her your camera. Smiling, she took it from you and started looking at the pictures. After a few moments, she raised the camera to her eyes and held it towards you.

"Smile."

"No." You said, and she lifted the camera from her eyes.

"Then pose." She said as she raised the camera back to her eyes.

You thought for a few moments then grinned and looked towards a nearby tree.

"You're not going to climb that tree, are you?" She asked.

"Of course I do." You said and then you started walking towards the tree and climbed up.

When you were up on one of the branches you looked towards Sadie and smiled as she took pictures of you. After a few moments you leaned against the tree and closed your eyes.

"Your squirrel seems to miss you." Sadie said. You looked at her, puzzled. "Next to your head."

You slowly looked to the side and saw the squirrel clinging to the tree next to you. You slowly reached up with your hand.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you." You said as you moved your hand closer.

The squirrel was a little startled and when your hand was in front of it, it grabbed it and crawled into your hand.

"Okay, this is the best day of my life. I never thought I'd be sitting in a tree in the woods with Sadie Sink with a squirrel in my hand." You said with a grin and Sadie just laughed.

"Should we give a name?" You asked.

"Chip?"

"What if it's a girl?"

"Mrs Squirrel."

"That's a terrible name." You said laughing as you put the squirrel back in the tree. "Go on little one."

"Do you know how you're going to come down?"

"Simple. I'll just jump off." You said and then you jumped out of the tree. "See?" You walked over to Sadie.

"Show me the pictures."

Sadie handed your camera back to you to look at the pictures.

"Not bad." You said as you looked at the pictures again.

"The model was good." She said as you blushed slightly.

"The photographer was good." You said as you stepped back a little to take some pictures of Sadie.

She didn't expect you to take her a picture.

"Stop it!" She said, laughing as she buried her face in her hands.

"Why would I? You're beautiful." You said sincerely. Now it was Sadie who blushed.

"You're cute when you blush." You said, and she blushed even more.

"Only then?" She asked.

You grinned. "No. You're always cute."

——————————————————

You spent the whole afternoon walking in the woods with Sadie. You talked about everything, you opened up to her easily. You didn't feel half as scared as you do when you meet new people. You felt completely liberated around her. Like you'd known each other for years.

While you were walking you came to a lake. You sat down on a bench, you leaned your head back and closed your eyes, listening to the sound of nature.

"You're the first person I've had an honest conversation with about anything in a while." You said while your eyes were still closed.

"You could have lied."

"Why would I lie? I hate lying."

"There are few people who don't lie."

"I know. Somehow people have forgotten about honesty. We live in a very fucked-up world."

"I agree. Almost everyone lives for social media and it's sad. It's easy to write a sentence but you don't know what the person who wrote it meant because you only see words, not emotions. We live in a very fucked-up world."

"If I could, I wouldn't use social media at all. But I need it for my work. And if someone wants to talk to me, call me. It's that simple."

"It's amazing how much we're on the same wavelength in such a short time." She said with a smile.

"That could be a sign."

"What sign?"

"That we had to meet." You smiled.