Cheating || S.S

Sadie woke up in the morning. She see that you weren't next to her in bed. She was not surprised because she knew you had to go to work early.

She rubbed her eyes and sat up on the bed. When she stood up she felt nauseous. She covered her mouth and ran to the bathroom. She leaned over the toilet and threw up. When she finished she exhaled with relief but then realised something. She looked at the date and realized she was a few days late.

"No it can't be!" She groaned.

She quickly got dressed and got into her car. She went to a nearby Pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test.

When she got home she ran up to the bathroom and took the test.  She waited nervously for the test result. With trembling hands, she turned the test over as soon as she saw the result, her eyes tearing up but not from happiness. "Pregnant..." She muttered and then started to cry.

'How am I going to explain this to Y/n?' She asked herself.

Suddenly her phone started ringing. She looked at her phone in fear that it might be you calling. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was Rose.

"Hey..." Sadie greeted her, sniffling.

"Sadie, are you okay?" Rose asked worriedly.

"No..." She said quietly. "I really screwed up..."

"I'll be there in 10 minutes." Rose said and hung up the phone.

‐————

After 10 minutes Rose came running to Sadie who was sitting on the couch sobbing. She put her arms around her tightly.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here." She whispered in her ear to reassure her.

Sadie put her head on Rose's shoulder and cried. When she calmed down she lifted her head from Rose's shoulder and wiped her eyes.

"What happened?" Rose asked as she stroked Sadie's back.

Sadie didn't answer she took the test and pressed it into her hand. Rose looked at Sadie with raised eyebrows. She looked between Sadie and the test  in shock.

"Oh my God..."

"I know...I'm a terrible person." Sadie cried again.

"Why do you say that?" Rose asked, puzzled.

"What do you mean, why am I saying that?" Cried Sadie. "I cheated on Y/n..." She added quietly.

"You did what?" Rose asked, surprised. Sadie didn't look at her, avoiding eye contact.

"Sadie..."

"What do I do now?" She asked, almost in a whisper.

"Come here." Rose said and pulled Sadie into a tight hug.

"I don't know how to tell her. I can't look her in the eye. I'm a terrible person...I cheated on the person who loves me more than anything. I cheated on her...she's been working so much lately we've had almost no time together. And I'm sick of it. I wanted to feel something but instead of talking to her..." Sadie's voice trailed off.

"Shh...shh." Rose soothed. "It's okay, we'll work it out but you'll have to talk to her. She deserves the truth."

"I know."

‐————

When you parked your car at 11pm, you were surprised to see the light on in the living room. Sadie is usually asleep by this time.

As you walked in the front door you saw Sadie sitting on the couch. You walked over and sat down next to her.

"Hey. Why are you still awake? What's wrong?" You asked as you put your hand on her shoulder.

Sadie looked at you and you noticed she was crying.

"Oh baby..." You said and pulled her close to you as Sadie clung tightly to you and sobbed. Her tears soaked your shirt. After a few minutes, when she had calmed down, she pulled away from you.

"What happened?" You asked as you stroked her back.

"I have to tell you something..." She began.

"You can tell me anything."

Sadie took a deep breath before speaking again.

"When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel very well. I was nauseous and I was throwing up." She began. "I didn't think much about it at first because sometimes you get sick, but then..." She said and then stopped. She wiped the tears from her face.

"You're not going to tell me you're pregnant, are you?" You asked jokingly. Sadie didn't answer and didn't look at you.

"No, you can't be pregnant because that would mean-"

"I'm so sorry..." Sadie said in a hushed voice as she looked you in the eye.

You were unable to speak. You didn't want to believe it. You couldn't believe she'd cheated on you. She could never do that.

"Please tell me you're joking." You said, laughing nervously. Sadie lowered her head.

"Please tell me you're joking!" You shouted.

"I'm sorry Y/n, please just listen to me." Sadie pleaded as she tried to take your hand but you pushed her away.

"Don't touch me!" You shouted as tears stung your eyes.

"Please, just listen to me, I'll explain everything."

"What do you want to explain? That you made a mistake? That you regret it?"

"It really was a mistake!" Sadie cried. "But you almost shut yourself off from me completely! We hardly ever had time for each other because you were always working! I wanted to feel... I wanted to feel something. Something, anything." She cried again.

"Was it a mistake?" You asked sarcastically. "A mistake? Cheating is not just a mistake! It's a decision! You decided to do it!" You sniffled.

"You promised...you promised you would never do that to me. Damn it Sadie you promised!" You cried sobbing. "I thought you loved me."

"I love you! I do love you Y/n but-"

"No, don't say that because you don't love me! If you love somebody you don't stab them in the back, you don't cheat on them, you'll do anything for them. What you are talking about is not love."

"I-"

"I have to get out of here." You said and then you walked towards the door.

"No Y/n, please don't leave me!"

"Why not?!" You shouted. "Give me one good reason not to walk out that damn door!"

"I swear...I swear I'll do anything for you but please. Please don't leave me."

"I don't want you here when I get back." You said and then slammed the door behind you.