Confession || S.S

At Sadie's, you're at your best friend's house. It's Saturday morning. Weekends are usually spent at each other's houses. One weekend she goes over to your place, the other weekend you go over to hers. Now it was your turn.

You decided to cook something for lunch. I mean, you'd rather you cook than Sadie help you. Sadie loves to watch you cook, but she's more of a picker. She's always distracting you with something that often leads to you having to start cooking all over again. This was no different.

You were cutting the ingredients when Sadie decided to tease you a little.

"Cut it smaller." She pointed to the tomato you were chopping.

"How about you help me instead of telling me what to do?" You asked, laughing.

"Umm no, I'd rather just watch from a distance."

"Then you could watch from the living room." You pointed laughingly towards the living room.

"I'd rather stay in case you cut your finger."

"I'm not cutting my finger." As you said that, the knife slipped on your finger and cut it.

You cried out in sudden pain. Sadie went straight to you. She took your wrist, opened the tap and put your hand under it.

"I'm not cutting my finger." She imitated you from before.

"This is also because of you."

"Why is that?"

"Because you're always distracting me." You said, whining. Sadie just laughed.

"Keep your hands under the water, I'll be right back."

"Yes ma'am!" You saluted.

Sadie just rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom. She came back a few minutes later with a first aid kit in her hand.

"Show me your hand." She held out her hand.

You held out your hand to her. She took the antiseptic and a Band-Aid out of the box. She wiped the blood off your finger and then put the antiseptic on it and taped it off. She took your hand and raised your finger to her mouth and gave it a kiss.

"The medicinal kiss helps." She smiled

——————————————————

"Okay, Q&A." Sadie sat down next to you on the couch.

"Q&A?"

"Mhmm. I'll start." She said. "If you are in a bad mood do you prefer to be alone or be with someone who cheer you up?"

"Depends. I'd rather be with someone to cheer me up but there are times when I'm better off alone." You replied. "My turn. Who is one person you tell everything to?"

"Mitchell." She said. You looked at her, offended.
"And you, obviously." She continued, smiling. You smiled too.

"I hope so." You said.

"What's the biggest lie you've told to someone?" She asked.

"It feels so good." You imitated.

Sadie rolled her eyes at you and laughed.

"I was joking. I never lie."

"Okay." She laughed.

"Last time you cried?"

"Last night." She said quietly.

"Why did you cry last night?" You asked her as you put your hand on her shoulder.

She lowered her head and looked at her hands. You cupped her chin and slowly lifted up to look into your eyes. A tear ran down her cheek.

"Sadie...why did you cry?"

"Because of you..." She said nervously.

You looked at her in shock.

"What? What did I do?"

She looked away from you. She sniffled and wiped her tears.

"What did I do?" You asked, your voice shaking.

"You know exactly what you did."

"No, I don't. Please tell me what I did."

"You kissed Tommy!" She shouted.

You didn't answer, you didn't know what to say. When you looked into Sadie's eyes you saw nothing but disappointment. Before you could say anything, she spoke again.

"Why did you kiss him?" She asked as she looked at her hands resting on her lap.

"To forget you..." you said quietly.

Sadie slowly turned her head to look into your eyes.

"What do you mean?"

You took a deep breath before answering. It was now or never, wasn't it?

"I like you. No. I'm in love with you Sadie. That's why I kissed him. I knew you liked Tommy, but I kissed him. I thought if I did, you'd be mad at me and I'd forget you. But after I kissed him, you acted the same way you always did and-" She cut you off by a kiss.

"I'm sorry, I-" She started to apologize but stopped when she looked at you and saw your eyes widened.

"You kissed me. Then that means-" She didn't let you finish.

"I didn't freak out because I like Tommy and you kissed him...I freaked out because I wanted to be the one you kissed." She said.

"I love you Y/n. I've always loved you." She confessed, but instead of answering, you just pulled her to you and kissed her.

You felt her smile into the kiss. When you pulled away, you rested your forehead against her.

"I love you, Sadie." You said and kissed her again.