She's back || S.S

"Good morning." Your best friend greeted you as you walked into the kitchen.

"Good-" You start but you can't finish because you've got your eye on someone.

You rubbed your eyes in case you were imagining things. But no.

"Hi." Sadie greeted me with a smile.

You ran up to each other and pulled  into a tight hug. You wrapped your arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around your neck. You buried your head in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent. You pulled away a little but only long enough for your lips to touch. You exchanged a deep and loving kiss. After pulling away from each other, she rested her forehead against yours.

"I should have done this three years ago." She whispered as you giggled and pulled her into another kiss.

Then a few moments later you pushed her away. Sadie looked puzzled at you and then at your best friend.

"What?"

You crossed your arms in front of your chest.

"Why are we kissing now? You haven't spoken to me in three years and now you just show up at my house. Why?"

Sadie sighed then looked at your best friend.

"I'll be in the living room." Your best friend said and then walked out of the kitchen and left you alone.

"So?" You asked.

"Look, I know I screwed up."

"Yeah, you screwed up." You nod.

"And I have no excuse for why I did it. I just...I needed to come to you to apologize."

"You did." You said with an emotionless face.

"Y/n please..." She pleaded as a tear ran down her cheek.

A smile slowly crept onto your face. Sadie furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're messing with me, right?" She asked.

"Maybe." You said, before laughing. "You should have seen your face. It was funny."

Sadie buried her face in her palms and laugh. You started laughing even harder.

"So you're not mad at me?" She asked shyly after you finished laughing.

"No, I'm not mad." You replied with a smile. "At first I was mad but after a while I realised that there was no point in being mad."

Sadie smiled. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, red." You smiled too.

"So can I have something other than a smile now?" She asked with a grin.

"What would you like?" You asked teasingly.

"A hug." She shrug. "Maybe a kiss...or more."

"I'm sorry, but I can't."

"Why not?"

"Well, you know...because-" You stuttered.

"Yeah?" She asked, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Okay, I can't say no to that, so." You said, then stepped closer to her, cupped her face in your hand and kissed her.

Sadie put her arms around your waist and pulled you closer to her. Your lips moved in sync. You felt Sadie smile into the kiss as you did the same.

"Can I come back now? I'm starving." Asked your best friend standing in the kitchen doorway.

You and Sadie turned to her, laughing.

Are you hungry?" You asked Sadie.

"A little."

"So are you together now or what's going on between you? It's a bit confusing." Your best friend laughed.

"Um..."

"We've got a lot to catch up on." Sadie said.

"Yeah." You agreed.

"But I think it's always been clear that there's something between us but...but I'm not going to be her girlfriend until she takes me out on a date." Sadie smiled.

"Oh so you just need a date to be my girlfriend?" You asked teasingly.

"On second thought, maybe it'll take more than one date." She nodded. "And asking me to be your girlfriend."

"Why should I be the one to ask?"

"Because you'd ask before I would." She laughed.

You playfully roll your eyes.

"I agree with Sadie." Smiled your best friend.

"Are you against me too? I am your best friend." You pouted.

"That doesn't matter now." She laughed.

"Okay." You said pouting and then walked out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going now?" Sadie called after you, laughing.

"To find a new best friend." You replied as you tried to hold back your laughter.

"You won't find anyone better than me, but good luck." Shouted your best friend.

"Don't think I can't find a better best friend than you." You said with a laugh as you walked back into the kitchen.

"Oh yeah?" She crossed her arms. "And who?" She asked.

"I don't know yet, but when I find one, you'll know." You winked.

Sadie just laughed at you two.