Break up || S.S

You and Sadie have been together for 5 years. You have a good and strong relationship, your friends often envy you because of it. You have minor and major arguments, like any other relationship, but you always manage to talk it out.

A few weeks ago you got a strange feeling. Not physically or physically but mentally. You've been thinking a lot about what's causing this strange feeling. You didn't want to talk to Sadie about it until you were sure.

But now you're sure.

You noticed that Sadie had been acting strange for a week but you didn't ask her what was wrong because you don't usually have to ask her because she's used to telling you herself.

'Maybe she feels what I feel?' you asked yourself.

You were sitting in the living room when Sadie walked into the living room from the kitchen and sat down next to you. Sadie took a deep breath and turned to you.

"We need to talk." You both said at the same time and started laughing.

"You go first." You said with a smile.

"No, you go first." She replied.

"Okay then, at the same time, maybe we want to say the same thing."

"On 3?" She asked.

You nodded. "1...2...3...I think we should break up." You said at the same time.

Sadie smiled sadly. "I don't even...I don't even know how I'm supposed to start this but-"

"But it seems that life only gave us five years." You said.

"Yeah." Sadie nodded sadly. "Not because I don't love you anymore because...damn it I do love you but, it seems that after 5 years our story ends."

"I love you Sadie, I will always love you." You said as a tear ran down your cheek and you quickly wiped it away. Sadie was wiping her tears too.

"I will love you forever. No matter what happens, you will always be my first love." Sadie said tearfully.

"Just like you are mine." You sniffled.

"Can I...can I have one last goodbye kiss?" She asked, sniffling.

You nodded and then sat closer to Sadie, cupped her face between your two hands while Sadie put her hand around your waist and you pulled her into one last deep and passionate kiss.

After you pulled away you tilted your forehead to hers.

"The best five years of my life were spent with you. Despite all the fights and disagreements." You said with a smile as Sadie giggled softly.

"I regret a lot of things in my life but not at all that I met you, that I got to know you, that you became my best friend." She smiled and you giggled as you thought back to the day you met. "Nor that I fell in love with you." She finished and then gave you another quick kiss on the lips.

"Thank you for these 5 years and everything I've been through with you." You smile.

"Thank you too." She whisper.