First 'I love you' || S.S

You and Sadie have been together for 3 months and neither of you have said that word to the other. Who knew it would only take a card game to make that happen.

—————

"Hi." You greeted Sadie when you entered her room.

"Hi baby." She said with a smile before walking over to you and kissing you.

"What's that?" She asked excitedly pointing to your hand.

"A card game. It helps you get to know each other better." You said. "Shall we try it?"

"Sure." She said as you sat down on her bed.

You opened the box and read the description.

"Okay. It says we are to ask each other different questions and answer them honestly." You read it. "There are several categories. Friendship, relationship, life." You continued. "Here, take a pick."

Sadie pulled out the first card and read it to herself before reading it aloud.

Sadie smiled. "What did you think of me when you first saw me?"

You smiled as you thought back to the day you first saw Sadie.

"You were in the hallway and I knew you were new right away. You had your class schedule in your hand and you kept looking between the paper and the hallway to see if you could find what you were looking for. You were completely lost." You laughed as Sadie giggled. "I came up to you to see if I could help. I could see you were relieved when I spoke to you. At the time I thought you were shy and retiring but when you looked at me and smiled I thought that was the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen."

"I remember that. When I looked into your eyes it was like everything around us just stopped, I was relieved. But I didn't think much about it at the time."

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I never thought we'd end up here." Sadie said as she pointed at the two of you.

"Understandable." You laughed.

"Your turn." She said as she pointed to the cards.

"What is the object or scent that reminds you of me?"

"Cotton candy." She said immediately.

"Cotton candy?" You asked, surprised. "Why?"

"Because of your perfume. When you came to me on my first day, I was immediately struck by the smell of cotton candy. And since then, every time I smell it or see it, I think of you." She said with a smile and then you leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.

"I guess I won't be switching to another perfume then." You smiled.

"Don't." Sadie said with a giggle. "My turn." She continued and then after she took the card in her hand, she froze and her eyes widened.

"What?" You asked.

"Umm...you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

"What is the question?"

"When did you know you were in love with me?" She read the question.

You smiled slightly before you spoke. "I knew from the beginning that you were different. You've always been so thoughtful and caring of me even though you had no reason to be. I felt from that moment on that you were and would be important to me no matter what." You said then took her hand and intertwined your fingers.

"I realized that I was irredeemably in love with you when you found out I was sick and cancelled all your plans that day just to be there to take care of me. No one has ever done as much for me as you did and I can't put into words the feelings I had." You mumbled as you looked deep into her eyes.

"Do you... do you love me?" She asked in a whisper.

You nodded. "I love you Sadie." You said smiling. "I didn't say it before because I was afraid if I said it, it would be too real." You pointed between the two of you. "And if something is too real then... then you could get hurt." You finished.

Sadie leaned forward you and wrapped her hand around your neck and when your lips almost touched she whispered into your lips. "I love you." Then she pulled you into a deep and loving kiss.