C.11

A couple weeks later...

||Mama Sheila||

Today we are having a cookout and everybody is coming over. I'm excited. I talked to Kayla and I understand that she and August are no longer a thing. Well Mama got something up her sleeve as always.   I know they cannot stay away from each other. August cried to me last week telling me all about it and everything that's happened.

My doorbell rang so I opened the door revealing Kayla in some beautiful dress and Anthony in a cute outfit

"Hey my babies!" I hugged them
"Y'all look nice!" I complimented

"Thank you mama, it's alittle short, sorry. "

"Don't worry about it!! We can just chill up here and  Anthony can go around back and help Uncle Trav grill."

"Yayyy!" Anthony ran

Me and Kayla went into the kitchem and fixed side dishes and set up the  table and everyone got here.

August showed up late and I seen that girl with him.

"Hey son." I hugged him

"Hey mama." He said with a smile

I turned to walk away

"Hey Mama Sheila." The girl spoke

I turned around. "It's Ms. Sheila to you." I walked away.

||Camille||

"August. I don't think your mother likes me." I told him

"What you tellin' me fa? I can't make ha like you." He said and walked off and left me.

"How far along you is?" Some woman asked me

"You are?" I asked

"You a rude little b-" she looked around "I'm Cha, but call me Chandra."

"Oh, nice to meet you, and I'm a month and a half." I smiled

"You are?" Ms. Sheila asked

"According ta tha docta." August spoke. She nodded

I looked over at Anthony whom was stuffing his face like a fat ass pig. He patted the bitches hand and pointed to his mouth and spit up alittle. The bitch picked him up fast and ran him upstairs and August quickly ran behind them. I got up to follow before his mother spoke.

"His parents are taking care of him, they don't need extra help." She said with attitude.

"Mmm, this dish is great! Who made it?" I asked

"Kayla." Ms. Sheila spoke causing me to choke

"She did?"

"Yes, she did. Problem?" She asked

"Not at all." I said and got up from the table to take a walk outside.

||Kayla Phillips||

Anthony was throwing up and he started to feel like he was running a fever.

"Is he aight?" I heard August's voice

"Yeah, he's fine. I got him."

"No he's not. He ova thea' throwin up an shit."

"I fine daddy." Anthony wiped his mouth smiling weakly

"Okay baby." I said "Wipe your mouth, wash your face, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth out. I'll be in the hall." I said standing up against the wall outside of the bathroom.