C.71 (part one)

Wedding day..

||Kayla Phillips||

Today is me and August's wedding day. Right now I'm getting my make up done. The wedding starts in about 2 hours. It's going to be outside, I told August I didn't want anything TOO fancy or fancy at all. I haven't seen August all day. So I'm going to be really excited when I do. I'm also nervous. I don't really know why, but we are about to start a new chapter in our life. Its not about to be no boyfriend and girlfriend stuff to where we get mad and be on little childish games. We are getting married and we have to start handling things like the adults that we are.

'''

2 hours later..

||August Alsina||

I stood there watching Kayla as she walked down the aisle, looking so beautiful. She looked nervous. "You good?" I reach out and put my hands on her arms. She smiled and nodded "Yeah I'm fine." I nodded. I looked out in the audience to see my momma and kids in the front row, they waved. I smiled.

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Kayla and August in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife." The officiant said and then he went on..

"True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony's end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting. Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends. Your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day." He finished.

"The vows y'all wrote.." He chuckled while trying to whisper.

"Oh shit.. Mybad. I'm new at this shit." I laughed causing people in the audience to laugh also. I got out my paper and looked at it.. Then I gave it to the officiant to hold and everybody found that funny. "Aight... Kayla. I put you through so much in the past, everybody probably kno's but no matter how bad off you an i was we was always hea' fa each otha. We young as hell. But we have four beautiful children togetha an anotha one on tha way an i'm ready ta you kno.." I started getting nervous. She just smiled at me. "I, August Alsina, take you Kayla Phillips, ta be my wife, ta have and ta hold from this day forward, fa better or fa worse, fa richer, fa poorer, in sickness and in health, to love an ta cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." I said

"And through all that we've been through I, Kayla Phillips, promise you, August Alsina, that I will be your wife from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together."

"Wedding rings are made precious by our wearing them. Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together. Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul, a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows, love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight. May these rings remind you always of the vows you have taken here today." The officiant said as Kayla and I got rings and slipped it on each others finger.

"And now, by the p-" He was cut short by my phone ringing. Kayla looked confused. I grabbed it out of my pocket and saw India's name across the screen. I shrugged. Kayla also shrugged. I picked it up only to hear screaming. "Woah... Hol on.. What's goin on?"

"I'M IN LABOR!!!!" She screamed while crying.

"It's India. She's in labor." I whispered to Kayla.

"I thought she was due next month." Kayla frowned

"I guess she's having the baybeh early."

"Well... Oh well. We are in the middle of getting married. She can wait.."

"Kayla, she about to have my child.."

"You serious right now?"

"Yeah, I am. Why you being selfish?!"

"Just go August..." She said.

"You sure?" I asked. She nodded. "You just made a big argument about it.. Don't ask me nothing now. Just go. I'll see you later at home."

"I'a be thea Ina minute." I told India before hanging up.

I heard people in the audience whispering and shit. "Come on, finish this up real quick." I told the officiant. I could see tears forming in Kayla's eyes. I shook my head.

"And now, by the power vested in me, by the State of Georgia, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. "You may now kiss." He said. We kissed before I pulled away. "I'll see you later baybeh.." I said before running off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***ONE MORE PART LEFT!!***

(Btw I don't really know how that wedding like shit works.)

Comment

Vote and Share

Check out my new book "The Girl He Met Online" also..