C.31

A month later... (At Mel's celebration)

||Mama Sheila||

"Kayla! You're silly girl." I laughed as Kayla was trying to naenae

"I'm getting it Mama!" She continued dancing

"Hey ma." I turned to see August. We haven't talked really since that day he disrespected me at the courthouse.

"Hey son, how are you?"

"Just missing Mel.." He sounded as if he was about to cry.
"Awe, me too.". I hugged him

||Kayla Phillips||

I saw Mama Sheila and August hugging and August was crying. I stopped dancing and went over to them.

"Are y'all alright?" I asked. August just stood there with his chin on his mama's shoulder crying.

"No, he's missing his big brother. You know how it is." She said

I started crying too. I know how he is feeling. Tomorrow will be the 9th year anniversary of my dads death and I just don't know how i'm going to feel about that. I held out my arms for August and he went from Mama Sheila to me. I'm way much shorter than him so him bending with his head on my shoulder crying hurt a little cause all the weight he put on it.

"Are you alright?" I asked him as he was had his face buried in my neck. He shook his head no.
"Want to talk about it?" I asked. He shrugged and stood up

"Y'all go up to his old room and talk, I'll call y'all when we cut the cake and send off the balloons."
I nodded and walked up to his old room.

We just sat and talked about how close him and Mel was, like we used to do. He talks about how he does all of this for him, sticking to his music career and all of that.

He stared at me then started kissing me. I pushed him off. "I'm sorry August, but I can't." He nodded

"Man, I really fucked up." He said

"What do you mean Aug?"

He smiled a little. "You haven't called me that Ina a long ass time. But I really fucked up, with you." He shook his head.

Before I could say anything there was a knock on the door. I went and opened it. Camille.

"He's right there." I said before she could speak. I looked back at August and then walked out.

"Where was you at?" Trey asked

"In August's room. Why?" I asked

"Why y-"

"Because. I'm a grown ass woman and if I want to go somewhere or talk to someone I will. Have you not talked to that girl?" I asked

He nodded. "You really ain't shit Trey." I laughed

"We still going to be together tbough, right?"

I shrugged. "Friends with benefits, that's our title. We not together no fucking more." He nodded and walked off.

I walked around the house seeing what everyone was doing when I seen Camille and August walk from upstairs.

"Kayla." Someone touched me causing me to jump

It was Cha and Travis. "Damn girl. Looks like you got one of them big inflated bouncy balls up in your shirt ." Travis laughed

"I'm having twins." I said causing him to choke on his beer.

"The kids want to know if they can spend the night at your house?" She laughed

"Wheew. That's a lot of kids..."

"I can stay too. But they really want to spend time with "Aunt Kay"." She laughed

"I guess. I'm about to leave here soon too. I'm not feeling that good."

"Alright. What happened to your face though sweetie?" She touched it.

I shrug and shook my head. "It's nothing."

"Kayla tell me before I start acting a fool in here."

"I got hit alright?"

"By?"

"Does it matter? Like this happened last month."

"It does matter. Did August or Trey do this?" She questioned.

"August." I whispered

"What?"

"August!!"

||August Alsina||

"No! Chandra, quit." Kayla grabbed her.

"What are they doing?" Camille asked me

"Why?! Are you scared of him or something?" Cha asked Kayla
Kayla didn't say anything

"Well I'm not."

Cha came over here and started going off on me about hitting Kayla. I just apologized. I mean what else am I supposed to do.

Me and Camille left and went back to the house. I smoked a blunt and went to sleep with one thing on my mind... Getting Kayla back so I can live my life with her and our kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COMMENT

VOTE AND SHARE