C.29 (part one)

Next day..

||Kayla Phillips||

We are sitting here in court.... Waiting on August to get here, for us to start. It was supposed to start about fourth five minutes ago. Mama Sheila called him and he didn't pick up the phone.

"What is this man doing?" The judge questioned

"I don't know sir, i'm very sorry.. On his behalf."

"No need to be sorry for him Miss. Phillips, you're here right on time." He gave a comforting smile. I smiled back.

About ten minutes later he walked in with Camille hand in hand. I rolled my eyes. He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Now, Mr. Alsina. Why is your reason for you being late?" The judge asked

"I fa'got I had ta be hea'... Last night was ... " He looked back at Camille and bit his lip then looked at me.
"Let's just say last night was a long night fa' me... I woke up late and-"

"That's no excuse now let's get down to business ..... I understand that Miss Phillips, you want to set up an agreement for monitored visitations for you guys's son, why is that?" He asked me

"Cause she's on bullshit." August mumbled

"I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO SPEAK NOR WAS I TALKING TO YOU." The judge yelled at him

"Uhm, yes. I'd like to do this because August would rather be around this woman that he came here with and-"

"YOU JEALOUS?" He yelled at me. I just stood staring at the judge trying to focus so I wouldn't let any tears escape my eyes.

"Mr. Alsina. Stop speaking out of turn.  Please continue." He pointed to me

I cleared my throat. "As I was saying. Okay look. He cheated on me with this woman when I was pregnant with our son Anthony. He never told me. SHE told me in a very disrespectful way. I moved, not leaving any traces of me behind. Four years and a half into my sons life I moved back to Atlanta. Hoping I could still avoid him so I-"

"Blah, damn.. When dis shit hea' o-" the judge held up his hand

"So I wouldn't get hurt again by him. The first day I saw him when I moved back his mother set up something with neither one of us knowing we'd see each other. After I had him drop me back off to his moms, I went home. He ended up showing up at my door, I had no Idea he knew where  I lived. He came in and one thing led to another. This went on often after that only to find out at my sons birthday party that he was with her. Well one thing led to another that day to AT my sons party which the two days later I found out I was pregnant. "

"Shut the fuck up." August chuckled

"Look. All i'm saying is he was more into coming to my house to have sex with me telling me he loved me and all this and that than spending most of that time with our son. Then probably last month Anthony said he wanted to see his daddy so I took him over there even though I told August that he wasn't going to see him anymore... You know what he does? Haves her open the door laughing in our face telling us he isn't accepting company.  So here we are. He is too worried about this woman and I don't know why. I saved him from being trapped with her lies of her telling him she was pregnant when she wasn't. I don't want my son around all of that by himself. So if I can have a way for me to bring Anthony up here and August come see him up here I'd love that."

"Alright. I think we can work something out for sure."

"As for you Mr. Famous August Alsina... Why have you been doing all of this to your family?"

"Family? That bitch ain't apart of  my family. Just Anthony, and them luh' ones she got inside ha'. I don't know why tha fu-"

I started feeling dizzy and sick like always.

"Ma..." I heard Anthony whisper. I turned around and nodded. Then my body soon met the ground.

||Mama Sheila||

"Oh my god Kayla!"I ran from my seat to her
"What's wrong babygirl? You need some water or something?" She nodded as her body was releasing a lot of  sweat

"Mama..I know you hea' me talkin' na' if you gon give that hoe respect show ya son some respect."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for tonight folks.

COMMENT.

VOTE AND SHARE.