C.50 (part three)

||Kayla Phillips||

"Shit." August cursed himself once he dropped the box and got down on the floor and got it. "Uhmm.. Here." He picked it up while he was on one knee and handed it to me.

"Oh no." I whispered not taking it. "What is it?" I asked covering my mouth

"Well.." He stood up "Open it an find out." He rubbed his chin hair

I took the box from him and opened it revealing a gold necklace that had a some what big diamond in the middle of it, and a silver one.
"Holy shit!! How much did this cost? It looks expensive as fuck." I said

"It don't matta. Its yours na' put it on."

"Forreal August.." I mugged him

"A dolla." He said with a straight face

"I'll kill you."

"I'm playing girl. It was 2 grand a piece. Not a big deal."

"Yea-"

"Shh." He hushed me. He took the necklace out of my hand and told me to turn around. I turned around and lifted my hair up, he put the necklace around my neck and its like he froze. I had put my hair down and his hands were still at the closing part of my necklace.
"Uh.. Thanks." I sort of laughed and slowly turned around

"Yeah.. No problem. I'm going ta see tha baybehs real quick." He hurriedly went into the livingroom. I shook my head and went to the oven and fixed him a plate, which I'm sure he forgot about. I warmed it up and then I heard the doorbell ring. I sat the plate down and ran to it.

"Kayl-... Oh." Jamal said looking at August whom was on the floor in front of the kids swings playing with them, they were laughing and getting excited.

"He stopped by to drop my gift off.. He thought the party was still going on."

"No, it's fine! Here." He handed me a bag. I opened it and it was a necklace with two hearts. All these necklaces. But they're cute as fuck!

"Oh my god, thank you baby!" I jumped on him and hugged him

"You're welcome!" He chuckled. He carried me in the house and said what's up to August and August spoke back surprisingly. Jamal let me down and walked into the kitchen. "Who's is that?" He asked pointing to the plate on the table. "Oh, Aug's." I picked it up and took it to him.

"Thanks." He smiled at me

"No problem.. Uhm, I'm about to leave and Jamal is staying here with the kids, so I-"

"You going out?"

"Yes. Me, Tati, and Naomi."

"I can watch the kids, so he can go with y'all."

"No! It's fine. He i-"

"Kayla. I got them." He chuckled

"I don't want them around her though. You know how I feel about it."

"Shiid. I'a get us a hotel room an stay in it fa tha night." He laughed "Jus me an tha kids. I'll bring them back Ina mornin."

"Promise you won't have her around them?"

"I swea'." He said. After all that and him finishing his food me and Jamal helped him take the car seats and put them in his car. He said he was going to pick Anthony up and then going. Jamal got dressed and we headed to meet the other girls, and Chris was still in town so him too. We went to the club and had a good ole' time. I haven't had a good birthday,......  Never actually.

||August Alsina||

"Where are y'all going and why do you have them?" Camille asked me looking in the car

"I told Kayla I'd keep them ta'night, and I'm getting a hotel room ta'night for us. Me an Ant will be back in tha mornin."

"Y'all can't stay here?" She put her hands on her hips

"Bye Camille. I'll call you when I get thea." I pulled off leaving her standing in the driveway by herself. I don't have time for bullshit tonight.

We got to the room and got settled. I got a room with a pool inside. I fixed the babies a bottle, and they fell  asleep. Me and Ant got inside the pool and I decided to have a little talk with him.

"Ant."

"Yeah dad?"

"I got'a question."

"Wazzam?"

"Why you treat ya mama like that?" I asked. He sat there in the water gently splashing it, not answering my question.

"Anthony. I kno ya ass hea' me.. Did she do somethin ta you?" He nodded

"What she do?"

"Befo' I met you she din' let me see you.. She'd just say 'you'a meet him one day Anthony'. Then she doesn't let me do stuff as always, I don't really kno.. She doesn't give me what I want."

"That's not really ha' fault. It's my fault. If I wasn't half as stupid as I am now, we would still been together right na'. But I cheated on ha' with Camille an she was hurt. I could have changed it when y'al got back down hea', but I kept messin around an hurtin ha'. Don't keep treatin ya  mama like that. She luh you an she been hurt enough. Treat ha betta or ima whoop ya luh ass, ya heard me?"

"I guess."

"Ain't no you guess. Do you hea' me?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Oh, an if I EVA... EVA see you raise yo hand ta hit ha' again I'm tearin that ass up."

"But you hit ha'."

"What?"

"Yeah.. At Nana house. Y'all was arguin while I was upstairs and I heard a loud hit. Then ha eye was black an lip was big, rememba, when she had tha baybehs in ha stomach."

"Look. I wasn't myself when I did all that aight? Me an ya mama talked, and got that ova with. That was almost a yea' ago. Leave that in tha past."

"Okay." He said softly. The rest of the night we talked about other things that would lighten the mood, and i ordered food. Depending on how he starts acting around Kayla will determine if I ask her if she wants him to live with her again. I miss Kayla, and all that but I always fuck up. She happy now, and I guess I have to be 'happy' pretending to be happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Whack? *shrugs.
What august got Kayla in the MM.

COMMENT.

VOTE AND SHARE.