C.51 (part three)

||Kayla Phillips||

"Momma.. You an dad gonna get back ta'getha?" Anthony asked me

"Anthony.. You've never even seen us together as a couple."

"I kno, but do you think?"

"I don't plan on it, or think so baby boy.. I have a boyfriend and your daddy has a girlfriend that he's happy with."

"They aren't happy."

"Why you say that?" I asked

"Because they argue everyday. She doesn't want him seeing you."

"He doesn't 'see' me. He sees the kids."

He shrugged "Well she is always trying to get him against you and she tries to get me against you too."

"But I thought you s-

"It is.. But that too."

"Alright Anthony, and it's getting late, you should be getting to bed. Want me to tuck you in?"

"I'm too big fa all that mama." He laughed

"You're five."

"I'm a big boy ya digg?" He said

"Alright little Mr. Big boy,go to your room, hold up.. Will you take your sister up stairs? Hold her tight, don't smash her but don't drop her." I told him. We both carried the babies to their rooms, and Anthony took a bath while I changed thr babies, and fixed their bottles, and all of that. I went back to Anthony's room to talk to him a bit before he dozed off to sleep and then I went downstairs to clean up. While I was down there I kept feeling like someone was watching me. I went around and made sure every door was locked and as soon as I checked the back door I started hearing bangs on the front door. I ran upstairs and brought Ayla to the boys room and put all of them in one crib, I rolled their crib to my room and then I went to Anthonys room and picked him up and laid him on my bed. I went and closed all of the doors and then I dialed August's number.

"Hello?" He answered

"A-aug.. Can you come over here please. I think someone is trying to get in." My voice shook as I spoke. I heard a loud thump and a sound of glass breaking come from downstairs. I screamed a bit and started crying.

"what was that noise?" He asked

"I think they're in here."

"I'm on my way. You an tha kids find some'whea ta hide, ya heard me? Don't hang up."

"Okay." I put the phone my shirt and paced around my room for a second. "Shit.. My closet." I whispered to myself. I ran in their and took the rug up from the floor a bit and opened the door to my panic room, I forgot came built inside this house. I grabbed the car seats and ran down the steps so fast I almost fell. "What's all that noise?" I heard August ask.

"I'm trying to hide with the kids." I whispered and got Anthony and took him down. I turned the light in my room off silently closed the closet door and fixed the rug back so it can cover this door. Nobody can get in from the outside unless its unlocked because it locks from the inside. I sat there worrying, shaking, panicking. "Are you almost here?" I whispered into the phone

Then I heard doors being kicked in from up here.

"Yeah.. I should be thea' in about ten minutes."

"Alright.. Be careful."

"Nah, you an the kids just stay safe don't worry bout me. Whea' yal at in tha house?"

"Just let me know when you- OH . fuck." I held my mouth when I heard my door kick in. "The cameras." I went over to the screens and turned them on. It says I don't have cameras anywhere in the house except in my room. I looked close to see but there were about two guys in all black and a ski mask. "August." I whispered. "There's two guys here in my room... I don't know who they are. One of them has a gun looks like."

"Who is it?"

"I don't know. I can't see their faces! Can you bring somebody else with you?!" I begged

"I'a turn around an have Daveontae come with me real quick. They don't live far from ya crib."

"Thanks."

--

"Kayla... Kayla... Kayla!" I jumped up and realized I was still in the panick room laying on the floor and August was shouting my name through the phone

"Yes?" I asked

"Whea you at? I'm at tha house. Nobodies in hea."

"Did you check in my room?"

"Yes. In ya room, outside..."

"I'll be downstairs in a minute." I said and hung up the phone. I struggled taking them back to their rooms but I looked around in them and seen everything messed up. Their stuffed animals, shredded. Anthony's toys broken, pictures in my room broken, stuff scattered everywhere in every room. I cried just thinking of who'd do this, and to family pictures, baby pictures. Destroy things that kids love. I went downstairs to see the glass windows on the side of my front door broken and everything was a wreck I couldn't do nothing but cry.  August came over to me and hugged me tight. I cried into his chest and he picked me up and carried me upstairs and laid me on my bed.

"I'a go sleep on Ants bed." He said

"You can sleep in here." I quietly spoke.

"Fa'real?" He asked

"My beds big enough, and I could bring the kids in here. This let's out. I got up and pulled the pullput bed from under my bed.

"Ah, I'll go get Ant an lay him on that. Then I'll get tha  baybehs cribs, you just lay down."

I nodded and watched as he brought all of them in and then crawled in the bed. I turned on my side and covered up slowly drifting off to sleep before I felt August wrap his arms around me and kiss the back of my head.
"August.." I mumbled

"Hm?" He asked

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing... Cuddling I guess. Shh, go to sleep. I'm hea' na'." I smiled to myself and went to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
COMMENT

VOTE AND SHARE.