00 -1x14

Starts in 1x14 when they open the tomb.

The black velvet blanket of darkness put fear into the minds of most people. No one can see what lies in the dark and no one wanted to find out.

   And the girl woke up to darkness.

Pitch black darkness. Her eyes couldn't see what was right in front of her it was so dark. And it was eerily quiet. Not a sound was heard. It made goosebumps rise on the girl's skin.

She was scared.

Even though the girl was scared, she reached her arms out into the darkness around her to see if there was anything in front of her. Her arms didn't even extend fully before her hands hit something in front of her.

The girl slid her hands across whatever was in front of her to try to acquire an understanding of what it was that was blocking her. The surface of what she was touching wasn't smooth, it was scratchy. One of her fingers caught on a piece and got a splinter.

It was wood.

Her hands traced the wood all around her. She was closed in. The girl came to the conclusion that she was in a coffin. She was dead or at least she was supposed to be.

The girl panicked and she started banging on the inside of the coffin. She tried to scream out but her voice was hoarse and her voice only came out in a throaty whisper.

She didn't stop banging on the coffin, even though her hands were getting multiple splinters. She didn't care that her hands were being inflicted pain. The girl wanted out and she was determined to get out of the coffin.

   As the girl banged and banged on the coffin to be let out, the oxygen was running out. Slowly, the girl got tired and it was difficult to breathe. She was only barely raising one of her fists to hit the coffin.

   There wasn't any oxygen left and the girl started gasping for breath but there was none. The girl became lightheaded and she was on the verge of passing out, on the verge of death. The girl had tears falling down her face as she knew her fate.

   But, then a miracle came.

   The coffin door was thrown open by an unseen force. The girl's lungs were filled with air as she took many deep breaths. Finally, the girl stood up out of the coffin.

   The girl climbed out of the six foot hole in the ground and looked around. The moon cast light down from the sky allowing her to see. She was surrounded by the woods and she didn't know which way to go. But, she started walking, anyways.

The girl's body adjusted to the outside air as she walked and she shivered. It was cold and what she wore wasn't helping. Her clothes had been worn down to mere rags around her body.

As she walked, she would occasionally trip and stumble but she kept walking. She started to hear faint voices so she increased her pace and started towards them. She drew closer to the voices but before she could get nearer, she tripped and fell over something. Her hair had sprawled out around her face and she lifted her head from the ground and looked behind her to see what she tripped over. Even though her hair was blocking some of her sight, there was no mistaking what it was.

It was a body.

The girl scooted herself backwards away from the body very quickly until her back hit a tree. The girl stared at the body. It looked burnt. She was shocked. Her breathing quickened along with her heartbeat. She couldn't believe she tripped over a dead body.

  Before she had a chance to do anything else, she heard voices again but this time much closer. There were ruins of a some building and people came from the stairs that led down underground.

   The girl tried to scramble away from the tree and away from these people that the girl  thought murdered this person. The girl got to her feet and started to run but as soon as she started, there was someone already in front of her.

   "I'm not going to hurt you," a guy said.

   The girl was too terrified to even look at him but once she heard the voice that spoke, she was even more terrified.

    "But you did," she barely spoke as her voice was still terribly hoarse. She finally lifted her face and her eyes to look at him.

   Stefan was the one who stood in front of the girl and he became shocked. He would know that face anywhere. She still had the same bright, green eyes. Her hair was different, it was white but it used to be brown like his.

   "Eira?" His voice came out in a whisper, questioning if this was even real.