96

Stefan and Rebekah arrived at the party that Marcel was throwing. In the dark atmosphere there were acrobats performing, people handling exotic animals, and there was red glittering confetti raining down.

    Rebekah had her arm linked with Stefan's and her eyes found Camille entering walking through the crowds of the party. It was easy to spot her because she was wearing a white dress with angel wings.

   "And there is Marcel's distraction," Rebekah said to Stefan.

   "It's smart to have her here," Stefan commented.

    "Of course it is, silly," Rebekah said and she pulled Stefan along with her over to Camille.

    "Hello, darling. You look precious," Rebekah greeted Camille.

     Marcel saw Camille in the crowd of the party from the balcony. He frowned as he saw her talking to Rebekah. Camille shouldn't have been there with a bunch of vampires in the room and he wanted her nowhere near Rebekah.

     "This party is ridiculous, but I think I went a bit splashy with this dress," Camille said and looked at Stefan. "Is he the boyfriend?"

    Stefan smiled at her and Rebekah stated, "Yes, he is. This is Stefan."

   "It's nice to meet you, Camille," Stefan greeted.

    "Oh, call me Cami. I hate Camille, it's so old-fashioned," Camille stated.

   Stefan nodded, "I'll keep that in mind."

    "And now, I need booze. Do you want anything, Cami?" Rebekah asked.

     "Oh, no. I'm fine," Camille shook her head.

     Rebekah walked to the bar, pulling Stefan along with her. She asked for a scotch when Marcel came up to them both. Rebekah sighed when she saw him.

    "You trying to be cute, inviting her here?" Marcel said, unimpressed.

    "Well, it clearly affects you, so I guess inviting Camille here worked," Stefan commented.

    Marcel looked at him and he took a guess when he saw him holding Rebekah's hand,"The Salvatore, right? Stefan?"

    "Yeah and you're Marcel, the ex," Stefan greeted.

     "You, uh, told him about me?" Marcel looked at Rebekah.

    "Well, there's nothing to hide. Why, are you jealous?" Rebekah said, smiling in triumph.

     Marcel smiled bitterly and he looked at Stefan, "It's ancient history, man. Doesn't mean a thing. Now, excuse me, I have someone else to see."

    Marcel walked away and went over to Camille. Marcel had lied. He was jealous of Stefan and the fact that he got to hold her hand.

     "He's still into you. I don't like it," Stefan frowned at Marcel.

    Rebekah smiled and she whispered in Stefan's ear, "Jealousy is very attractive on you."

     Rebekah had pulled her head away from Stefan once she got his attention. Stefan looked at her and smiled, "Really?"

    Rebekah nodded and smiled, "Although, there is no need for it. I'm completely yours."

     Rebekah was wearing heels so she just leaned over and kissed Stefan on the lips. He kissed her back in a short, reassuring kiss.