35

Elena came in Damon's room once Eira finished telling Rose the story she wanted to hear. Elena looked around the room like she'd never seen the inside of Damon's room, which she hadn't.

"Sorry, I was talking to Damon," Elena explained her late arrival to help Rose.

Elena looked at a book and picked it up. It was Gone With the Wind. She set the book back down as Rose spoke,"Not what you expected?"

"It's just a room with a bed. Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets," Elena said which made them all smile.

"You're lucky, you know. No one's ever love me the way you're loved," Rose spoke to Elena.

Eira frowned and Elena and Eira spoke simultaneously,"I doubt that."

"Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. I spent all those years on the run from Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire. Why are you so eager to give up?" Rose said.

"I'm not giving up on anything," Elena said and handed Rose a glass of blood. "Here."

"Yes, you are," Eira stated her opinion.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" Rose backed Eira up.

"I call it my best option," Elena said.

"It's not, Elena. It's not your best if you don't look for any other options," Eira said.

"It's your easiest option," Rose inputted.

"That's not fair," Elena shook her head.

"Do you really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?" Rose asked.

"I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch; unless you mean it's Elijah's witch, so no, I don't," Elena answered.

"You really are determined to die, aren't you? At least I ran, you're not even trying," Rose stated a fact.

Rose closes her eyes,"I'm so tired."

Eira grabbed the glass of blood and put on the dresser beside the bed. Elena and Eira went to leave the room so Rose could sleep but they didn't even get to the door before Rose started talking.

"No, stop, wait. Tell them to prepare the horses," Rose started hallucinating.

"It's okay, Rose. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up," Elena said.

"Trevor, don't be so stupid. You're never going to make it there before the sun," Rose said.

Suddenly Rose sat up and she was in pain. "Elena, Eira, I need more blood," Rose said frantically.

Eira quickly grabbed the glass of blood and gave it to Rose. Rose drank it and as soon as she did, she puked the blood back up, all over the bed. Elena went to get a wet rag from Damon's bathroom while Eira stayed comforting Rose. But, Rose suddenly vamp sped away.

Elena walked into the room and Eira shouted as she saw Rose behind her,"Elena, behind you."

Rose grabbed Elena and slammed Elena against the wall,"It's all your fault, Katerina. You Katerina, you did this."