42 -2x20

AN: I'm skipping episode 19 because Eira wouldn't have a place in that episode like at all.

     Elena undaggered Elijah and her brothers were worrying about her all day. Damon and Rose took Eira to see Katherine because he needed her to give Katherine vervain since he wasn't invited in to Alaric's apartment. Alaric-Klaus had threatened Jenna and she found out about the supernatural world. Elijah agreed to help Elena on the condition that he gets an apology from each of the Salvatore's. Eira invited Elijah into the house and apologized and told him that she didn't know about the plot of his death. Stefan apologized and said he was protecting Elena. Damon gave an sarcastic apology that he didn't really mean, but at least he gave one. Elijah had supposedly found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger. It was the next morning and they were going over the plan to stop Klaus.

    "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah stated.

    "Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan wanted to clarify.

    "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid," Elijah explained.

    Damon walks in the room with Rose,"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

    "Damon....," Stefan scolded.

    "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena denied.

      "I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon stated.

    "It's not an option, Damon," Elena said.

    "All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan questioned.

    "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah said.

   "The moonstone," Stefan answered.

    "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each," Elijah explained.

   "And where do I fit into it?" Elena questioned.

    "The final part of the ritual," Elijah stated and grabbed a box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

    Elena takes a deep breath, taking in that information,"And that's where you come in?"

    Elijah opens the box and takes a jar from it,"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

    "So I'll be dead?" Elena stated.

     "And then you won't," Elijah answered.

     "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon said then looked at Elena. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

    "Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work," Elijah explained.

    "I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon questioned.

    "Then I guess I'll just be dead," Elena answers.

    Eira thought Elena was being somewhat selfish. She had all these people caring for her and she didn't seem to care if she died. Damon leaves, aggravated with Elena.