16 -1x19

As expected, Stefan had been distant with Eira. She was bummed about it, but she also noticed that there was something different about Stefan. At the Founder's celebration, he was jittery and struggling with his vampire thirst, and now he seemed to have everything in control. He even seemed happier.

   But, he was still avoiding Eira like the plague. The only time Stefan couldn't avoid her was when he had to take her to school. But, even then he didn't say much. It was like he disliked her.

   But, that wasn't the case, at all. Stefan was drinking human blood, again. He wanted human blood so badly, but whenever Eira was around he had the desire to do good. He couldn't have that desire. So, he avoided her. And, the now almost- ripper Stefan, disliked everything Eira stood for. She was the better half of himself as his twin.

    It was a new morning and Stefan decided to make his reappearance at school. Eira had met Stefan at the door and walked to the car with him. He didn't say anything, which hurt more than words could.

   They got in the car and Stefan drove off to school. Eira hesitated before speaking,"So how are you doing?"

    Stefan may have been ignoring her and avoiding her. But, she still cared for his wellbeing. She would always care for his wellbeing.

   "I feel great," Stefan smiled as he pulled into school parking lot.

   "That's good," Eira nodded getting out of the car when he turned the car off.

   "Yeah," Stefan responded."I'm doing much better without you around."

   Eira was beyond hurt at his words and it was written all over her face. Stefan seemed to realize what he said and regret flashed through his eyes. "Eira, I didn't mean...."

    "Just leave me alone, Stefan. You haven't said two words to me since the Founder's celebration so you obviously don't want or need me around," Eira said harshly and walked away from him.

   Tears sprung to Eira's eyes as she walked passed Elena. Elena was about to say something to her but Eira spoke instead, "Take care of Stefan for me."

    Eira had never felt more hurt in her life. Nothing would ever equal the pain of feeling unwanted by her twin brother. She felt a tear slowly crawl down her face and she wiped at it with her hand. She hurried quickly to the school and went to the restroom to wipe away the tears.

   Luckily, no one was in the bathroom and she was able to wipe her face with tissues with no one to see her cry. After she wiped all the tears away, she walked out of the restroom and kept her head down as she walked to first period which she was late to. Stefan probably didn't even care.

   She wasn't looking where she was going and she ran into somebody. Eira immediately apologized,"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking."

   "It's okay," the dark-skinned brunette answered kindly with a smile. "I'm a little distracted, too."

   Eira smiled back and thought it rude not to introduce herself and she held her hand out to shake. "I'm Eira."

    "I'm Bonnie," the girl went to shake Eira's hand and when their hands touched the both of them got a weird feeling.

   It was the feeling of familiarity. They both got an immediate feeling of trust. It was like they were old friends, yet they weren't.

   Bonnie and Eira both pulled their hands away quickly from each other. Bonnie spoke first, quietly,"Are you like me? A witch?"

    "No," Eira responded and Bonnie deflated."But I can do things with Nature."

   Bonnie's eyes lit up,"Witches are servants of Nature." Then she mumbled to herself,"I'm not alone."

   "What class are you going to?" Bonnie asked.

    "History with Alaric," Eira stated.

     "I'm going there, too," Bonnie stated with a smile."We can go together."

    Bonnie and Eira walked to class together. Eira's mood increased dramatically because she had found a friend. One that she hoped was somewhat like her.

   They got into class and apologized to Alaric for being late. They sat down next to each other. Stefan was staring at Eira with apologetic eyes, but Eira simply looked away. She was far too hurt to forgive him, yet. Bonnie smiled at Elena, but then she looked at Stefan and her smile faded.

   "Do you not like Stefan?" Eira asked, quietly.

    "How do you know him?" Bonnie asked. She was under the impression that Eira was new to town.

    "He's my twin brother," Eira stated and Bonnie's eyes widened. She thought she found a friend but now she worried if Eira was a vampire like Stefan.

      Author's Note: So, I updated. I still don't have electricity due to Hurricane Matthew but I was able to use a transcript and go by that and also memory of the episode. Thanks for 3k, you wonderful readers.