62 -3x17

Eira woke up in the morning and she remembered the events of the day before. Her lips immediately quivered. Sadness covered Eira in a suffocating blanket. She wasn't sure if she would ever feel joy again. Or if she would even smile. She was depressed and she felt like it would last for eternity.

    Stefan walked into her room with a mug in his hands. He saw she was awake and softly smiled at her as a comforting gesture. He sat in the chair that he placed next to her bed and held the mug out to her.

    Eira sat up and she took it from his hands. Stefan spoke,"It's tea. It'll make you feel better."

    "Nothing will make me feel better," Eira spoke in a sad depressed tone.

    Stefan frowned and he said,"It'll get better, Eira. I promise."

     A tear fell down her cheek and her lips quivered again so she quickly took a sip of the hot tea. It left a warm feeling inside her as she drank it but she was still sad. She'd always be sad.

     "Why do I feel so sad?" Eira asked after taking a couple sips of the tea.

     "You had your heart broken," Stefan explained.

    "That's what it is," Eira realized. "It's worst pain in the world."

    ________________

   Eira stayed in bed all day and Stefan took care of her. She seemed to be in more pain than any other heartbreak he had seen. But it was her first heartbreak. The first always hurts the most.

     Eira had cried again and then fallen asleep. Stefan didn't think anyone could be exhausted from crying but it seemed his sister was exactly that. He was downstairs as she slept. He was about to put some blood in a glass from a blood bag when Elena walked into the room. He put down the blood bag and the glass cup.

    Anger sparked in him when he saw her just like it did last night when Damon made him feed on a woman to gain control. He wanted to tear her throat out last night and he wanted to do it now.

    "I'm sorry, Damon told Alaric that there was no one home, otherwise I would have....," Elena got cut off.

   "I was taking care of Eira. So I'm usually just in her room," Stefan explained. "You should leave. I don't want her to see you."

    "I just came by to pick up this book that you found, on my ancestor, Samantha," Elena said and then hesitantly asked. "How is Eira?"

     Stefan gritted his teeth,"Don't pretend like you care, Elena. Just take the book and get out."

    Elena nodded and she headed for the door but was stopped by the person coming down the stairs. It was Eira. She looked like a wreck and Elena felt bad for her.

    Eira saw Elena as she stepped off the last step and she frowned. Eira had thought a lot about what could've prevented Klaus from leaving her. It could've been prevented if Elena didn't give away her necklace. Eira blamed Elena and anger sparked in her.

     Elena felt a searing, burning pain on her hand and she dropped the book. She looked at her hand and it had a burn mark on the inside of her hand.

   Elena looked at Eira. She was slightly terrified,"I'm sorry for giving your necklace away. I wasn't thinking and I wanted Klaus dead."

   "It's your fault," Eira started crying. "It's your fault he left me."

    Stefan rushed over to Eira as she started to crumble to the floor. Stefan held her up and he looked at Elena.