47 -3x03

AN: Remember that necklace.

Eira was sleeping peacefully but she heard a calling of her name. She heard it only slightly but her name got louder as she was awakened from her sleep. Her eyes blinked up at whoever was waking her up. She saw Damon.

"Finally, I thought you'd never wake up," Damon exaggerated.

"Damon, I'm sleeping. Just leave me alone," Eira mumbled into her pillow.

"Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan home. See ya," Damon said starting to leave her room.

"Wait, what? Where is he?" Eira sprung up from her sleep.

"Windy City. Chicago," Damon answered.

"How did you find that out?" Eira questioned as she got out of bed.

"Katherine called, decided to give us a heads up," Damon stated.

"How is Kat?" Eira questioned.

"I don't know. I didn't ask," Damon rolled his eyes. "Now, start packing and get dressed. I'll be waiting downstairs."

Damon left the room and Eira took a shower and she got dressed into casual clothes. She threw some clothes into a bag along with other necessities like a toothbrush.

She raced down the stairs and Damon was waiting for her at the door. She held up finger telling him to hold on. She ran into the kitchen and she grabbed a whole bunch of granola bars and threw them into her bag.

She walked quickly back to Damon and she said,"Okay, now I'm ready."

____________

Damon and Eira were in the car and they were driving on the highway on their way to Chicago. Damon grabbed a book from the back seat and handed it to her.

"Read this. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago," Damon said as he handed the book to her.

Eira took the book but closed it as she realized what it was. She gasped at what Damon wanted her to do. "But it's Stefan's diary. That's an invasion of privacy."

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see," Damon stated.

"I don't care what he'll do, Damon, or even what he did," Eira explained.

"Just read it, Eira," Damon demanded. "Or I'll just read it to you."

Eira huffed and opened the diary, flipping to a page. She read the lines that Stefan wrote from when he was in the 20's in Chicago:

"January 12, 1922

I thought about her again. About Eira. Thinking about her reminds of why I started spiraling in the first place. I can never take back what I did, killing her. I would give anything in the world to take it back but I can't. I deserve to spiral, to be destroyed and never be saved...."

Eira flipped through pages again, and she stopped on another page. She read what Stefan wrote:

"February 22, 1922