40 -2x17

Early the next morning, Damon got a call from Elena telling him that Isobel showed up at her doorstep. Damon called Alaric to let him know that his wife showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep. Damon sent Stefan to check on Elena while he and Rose went to go help Bonnie find the spell to kill Klaus at the Martins apartment.

Eira stayed at home with Katherine and she was putting on her jacket, getting ready to leave. "Where are you going?"

"Isobel is in town. I'm paying her a visit," Katherine explained.

"Why?" Eira asked.

"I'm using Isobel so she can negotiate my freedom with Klaus. I'm seeing what she's accomplished," Katherine said.

Eira had woken up with a bad feeling and whenever she had one of those feelings, something bad always happened. "Well, be careful. I have a bad feeling."

"I will be," Katherine said. "I'll see you when I get back."

___________

Elena, Damon, Rose, and Stefan had all come back to the Salvatore boarding house and they were discussing Isobel and the information that she told Elena. Eira was sitting on the couch, listening.

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger?" Elena asked.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan said.

"You know, you should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you," Damon stated to Elena.

"What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No. Her house is safer," Stefan disagreed.

"Well, then we'll stay there," Damon said.

"So is that the plan? Neither of you will let me out of your sight again?" Elena asked, annoyed.

"At least you'll safe, Elena," Rose inputted.

"Fine. Then one of you bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon," Elena stated and looked at Damon, wanting him to come with her.

"Not me. I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie," Damon said.

"Fine, I'll go," Stefan offered.

Damon put a finger to his lips,"Shh."

"Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell," Katherine called, indicating she was back.

Damon and Stefan gave Eira a look to be quiet and she felt pressured so she listened and kept quiet.

"Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me," Katherine said.

"No, we have it," Damon said.

"Where is it?" Katherine asked.

"It's in a very safe place," Damon answered.