03

Damon walked her into the Salvatore boarding house. He explained to her that their old home wasn't standing anymore so this house was built. Eira was simply amazed. Everything was so new to her.

They had gone to the kitchen to get some water for her throat because it was dry and hoarse and she could barely talk. Once, she gulped down a lot of water because she was extremely thirsty from being in a coffin for however long. Damon just kept staring at her. He never wanted to let her out of his sight again.

"Damon?" She questioned slowly not quite sure how to word what she asking. "How long have I been....sleeping?"

"Are you sure you want to know? It's perfectly fine not knowing," Damon questioned nervously.

"I want to know everything," she said softly not really sure what she was asking for.

"You've been 'sleeping' since 1864. For 145 years," Eira's eyes widened. "It's 2009 now."

Eira was speechless. She didn't know what to say. Her life had been frozen for 145 years. Eira didn't know a lot of things. She didn't know why she was alive although she guessed Katherine had something to do with it.

Eira gulped,"That's a really long time, Day. I-I don't... I...."

She started stuttering like crazy so Damon came over to her and put his arm around pulling her into his side. "Hey, it's going to be okay, alright? We'll figure it all out. For now, you said you wanted to know everything. So ask away."

Eira calmed down and asked the first question that came to mind, "Why does Elena look like Katherine?"

Eira's nose was scrunched up because she was confused about it and Damon smiled. "We don't know yet. Next."

"Can you just tell me everything that's happened with you? What did I miss?" Eira questioned looking up at him.

Damon sighed before explaining everything. Like how he came back to Mystic Falls to break the tomb spell and get Katherine. He just told her everything. He told her about his life before he came back to Mystic Falls. Although, he avoided any mention of Stefan as he wasn't sure if that would upset her.

After he told her everything they sat in silence until she asked, "What about Stefan? How is he?"

Eira didn't know how to feel about Stefan. The last thing she remembered was him draining every last drop of her blood until she was dead. But, she's not so dead. Eira already knew that vampires struggle with their bloodlust. She learned that from Katherine.

"Why would you want to know anything about him? He killed you," Damon clenched his jaw.

Eira wrung her hands nervously, "I don't know. He's my brother."

Damon shook his head at her. Eira was still the same as he remembered. She was quick to forgive and always tried to find a way to understand something. She was trying to understand Stefan so she could forgive him. She never liked fighting with people.

"Stefan is what you would call a ripper, Eira. He can't control his bloodlust. He feeds from animals, now because he can't control himself on human blood," Eira nodded her head to the information Damon was telling her, just taking it all in.

"He's involved with Elena," Damon added.

"Like together?" Eira questioned. She had never been in a romance and her brothers always kept boys away from her.

Damon chuckled,"Yes, Eira. Together."

"Now you need to learn about modern day technology," he said pulling out of her seat.

He lead upstairs and to her room. He gave her some clothes and showed her how to work the shower since she was utterly clueless. He decided he would tackle teaching her how to use a phone tomorrow. As Damon was teaching her, she looked in the mirror at herself and she jumped backwards.

She had white hair.

She went closer to the mirror and picked at pieces of her hair. Her mouth hung open in shock.

Damon scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, I didn't really want to tell you."