45 -3x01

It had been three months since Stefan was gone and the summer was nearing its end. Eira was miserable without Stefan so she tried to find Stefan all summer with Damon searching out the leads she gave him. Damon had gotten considerably closer with Elena over the summer and he was letting her have her birthday party at the Salvatore boarding house.

Eira was already wide awake as the morning sun shined through her window. She had trouble sleeping now that Stefan was gone. She didn't feel completely whole, she felt like she was missing a piece of herself.

Eira got up as the morning sun shined and she showered and got dressed. She went downstairs and her phone rang. It was Caroline and she answered it.

"Hey, Care," Eira answered.

"Hey, so my mom wants you to call her," Caroline explained.

"She found a lead?" Eira questioned, her day becoming brighter.

"An animal attack in Memphis. It's the third one this week in Tennessee," Caroline said.

"And it's a vampire?" Eira questioned as Damon walked into the kitchen and gave her a look.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's Klaus," Caroline answered.

"Well, I'll take any lead I can get," Eira said. "Tell your mom thanks."

"Will do. I'll see you in a little bit to set up Elena's party," Caroline said and you could hear the excitement through the phone. "Oh, and wear something pretty."

Caroline hung up and and Eira smiled. She looked at Damon,"Liz has a lead."

"Eira, don't get your hopes up, okay?" Damon said, worriedly.

"I'll try not to," she lied, her hopes were already up.

Eira called Liz after eating breakfast and she got another location to check for Stefan. She gave it to Damon and he said he would look into it.

"I want to go with you," Eira said to Damon.

"No, no, no," Damon shook his finger at her. "Stefan's gone which means I have to look after you. So, you're not going anywhere in Klaus' vicinity."

"Fine," Eira huffed.

______________

Damon left to go check out the lead on Stefan. Elena, Caroline, and Tyler came over to set up Elena's party. Eira had invited Caroline inside the house before the summer started.

"Happy Birthday Elena," Eira smiled as Elena walked through the door.

"Thanks," she smiled. "Sorry, I'm late. Jenna was smothering me today in the spirit of being 18."

"So how is Jenna? I mean she knows now," Caroline said.

Elena came over and started sorting the birthday arrangements with Caroline, Eira and Tyler. "She seems happy, honestly. Especially with Ric."

Caroline and Eira smiled, happy something was working out for someone. Elena looked at Eira and asked,"So how is the search for Stefan going?"

"Damon went to go search a lead today," Eira answered. "But he never seems as interested in finding him as I am and he always wants me to stay out of it."

"Yeah, Ric went with him," Elena said. "You know he just wants to protect you."

Tyler inputted,"Or maybe he just doesn't want Stefan to come back so he can have all of Elena's attention. You did kiss him before but that was awhile ago. I mean he's into you, isn't he?"