05

It had been a couple days after Eira woke up from the coffin. She spent most of the time adjusting to the modern world, which meant learning how to use a phone and working the remote on a tv. Eira thought it was so amazing how far technology had come. But, Eira wasn't too big on using the new technology, she liked to read. So, she spent her time catching up on all the great literary pieces that she had missed. She, also got caught up on music. She started with the 60s and her favorite song was Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers. She also liked Elvis and The Beatles, of course.

In those couple of days, Eira did a lot of thinking. Mainly, about Stefan. She hadn't seen Stefan since the night she woke up from the coffin. Damon told her he was staying away, for her. Stefan didn't want to upset her and Eira didn't want to spend her life dismissing the presence of her twin brother. That's not how she wanted to live. Eira thought that life was better spent forgiving than making a habit of never letting things go which was what holding a grudge did. Eira didn't want to be bitter in her life.

So, Eira woke up a couple days after waking up from the coffin on a mission. She was going to tell Stefan she forgave him for caving in to the bloodlust that comes with being a vampire. It wasn't his fault, she didn't blame him. How could she? Eira has never experienced being a vampire and thought it wrong to stay upset over something she didn't understand.

Plus, Stefan was her twin brother, her family. She cherished her family more than anything in the world. Before she woke up from the coffin, Stefan was her rock. They were there for each other, always. There was nothing that could separate them.

Eira was walking down the stairs of the house on her mission to find Stefan and forgive him for giving into his bloodlust and putting her into her temporary sleep, that's what she was calling it. But then she heard voices and she stopped on the stairs.

"I went back to her gravesite," she recognized as Stefan say.

"Yeah, and what did you find?" Damon asked.

"It was weird. All the dirt that had been piled on top of her coffin was somehow blown up, like by the wind. At least, that's how it looked. And her coffin door, it was hanging in vines from the trees," Stefan explained to Damon.

"So, your saying that some spirits of Nature decided to give our sister a helping hand to get out of her coffin? That makes perfect sense," Damon said sarcastically.

"What else could it have been? No one helped her out of there," Stefan questioned.

"I don't know," Damon sighed out aggravated.

Eira decided to stop listening to them and walk down the rest of the stairs. She walked in on the them in the parlor and they stopped talking.

Stefan looked at her and said,"Uh, I'll just go."

He started to walk out but Eira stopped him. "No. I, um, wanted to talk to you."

Stefan's eyes filled with hope. He had wanted to talk with her ever since she awoke from her coffin but didn't think she would want him around. He hated himself for what he did and he could only imagine how much hate she had for him.

Damon left the room to let them talk but, of course, he eavesdropped. Eira walked closer to Stefan and she wrung her hands, nervously.

"Listen, Eira, I'm sorry for what I did. I could never stop being sorry and I hate that I let being a vampire control me. You are the one person I never wanted to hurt and I did so I'm sor..." he started to ramble.

"I forgive you," Eira interrupted him.

"What?" he questioned completely shocked. "How could you ever forgive me?"

Eira looked at him and smiled, "Your my brother. A vampire brother, but still my brother. How could I not?"

Stefan looked at Eira with tears in his eyes. He was forgiven for the unforgivable act of killing his sister and he had never felt so gratified in his life. Eira walked to him and threw her arms around him, hugging him. He immediately hugged her back, not ever wanting to let go of his sister and he let the tears fall from his eyes. Joyful tears but still tears.

Stefan had never been happier than in this moment. To be able to hug and talk to his twin sister again was all he ever wanted. He wished for it, over and over again, never expecting his wish to come true.

"I promise, no matter what that I won't ever hurt you again," Stefan declared as they were still hugging each other.

"I believe you."

Author's Note: I know it may seem sudden for her to forgive Stefan so easily but that is Eira as a character. She forgives and she trusts easily. Plus, she already knew about the supernatural and vampires so she knows bloodlust ain't easy to control.