76

They arrived in New Orleans at night. Damon parked the car and once Stefan got out, she got out of the backseat. She looked around the city. It was lit up in lights and crowds of people were everywhere. She wanted to explore every inch of it.

She pulled on Damon's shirt as they walked,"Can we look around first?"

Damon looked down at her and saw the wondrous look in her eyes as she looked around at everything. Damon put his arm around her shoulders and smirked,"Why not?"

Eira smiled and excitement was written all over her face. Her brothers smiled at her. They led her through the crowds, showing her the different vendors that were there. There were people claiming to be witches, promising a look into their future. Others were selling all kinds of jewelry, some were selling what they claimed to be rare gems or stones. There was everything all in one place. Eira marveled at it all.

It had been about an hour and her brothers decided it was time for her to eat something. Damon, of course, took them into a bar. A bar called Rousseau's.

It was packed, filled to the brim with people. There was a female brunette bartender filling everyone's drinks at the bar. Damon led them to the side corner of the bar where there were two empty seats. Stefan was left to stand.

"You chose a bar to take me into?" Eira questioned.

"What? They'll have food," Damon replied, shrugging his shoulders. Eira and Stefan shook their heads at him.

The bartender came over to them and Damon ordered a bottle of bourbon with three shot glasses. He also ordered the gumbo for Eira.

The bourbon was set in front of Damon. They had to wait on the gumbo. Damon poured the alcohol into the three shot glasses. He handed one to Stefan, then he slid one to Eira.

Eira looked at it,"I don't like alcohol. It tastes gross."

"You've only had it once. The taste will grow on you. You haven't had any of the good stuff anyway," Damon answered.

"You never let me try alcohol. Why are you doing it now?" Eira asked.

"Why not? We're in New Orleans, a party city," Damon said. "So, go ahead, sister."

"Damon," Stefan scolded while Damon ignored him.

Eira took the shot glass and she brought it hesitantly to her lips. She took it a sip of it and she coughed, Stefan patted her back while chuckling a little bit.

"You're supposed to drink all of it at once. Just chug it down. The taste will get better," Damon explained, teaching her how to drink.

Eira nodded and she took the glass, bringing it to her lips again. She drank all of it in one swallow, chugging it down. She still coughed afterwards but it wasn't as bad.

"I want another one," Eira stated.

"Oh god," Stefan's forehead crinkled with worry lines. "You're turning her into an alcoholic."

"Relax, brother," Damon said and gave Eira another shot of bourbon.

Eira chugged down that one too. Then another and another. She lost count and she was intoxicated. Her mind was absolutely hazy.