117

One whole area of the kitchen floor was covered in Eira's blood as she kept bleeding out even though she was already dead. It had been about ten minutes since Eira died when someone found her.

Damon.

"No, no, no. Not you," Damon's eyes filled with tears as he got closer to her body.

He had to step through the blood-covered floor to get to her and he nearly slipped. He nearly slipped in his own sister's blood. That fact made him start crying.

    He fell to his knees beside her and he used his vampire hearing to listen for any heartbeats, he found one but it was faint. He couldn't tell if it was hers or if it was one of the babies living inside her.

   "You're not dying. You're not dying," Damon repeated to himself, being in denial and bit into his wrist and held it over her mouth, hoping she would somehow swallow it and she'd be healed.

    But she didn't. And he kept repeating the process of biting into his wrist and hoping she'd swallow the blood. Eventually Damon stopped and he just looked at her.

He could see the deep slit on her neck and then he looked at her eyes. They'd lost their color and become lifeless. But they were open and he expected her to blink, but she didn't. It made him sob.

"No!" a horrified shout came from behind him. Footsteps came closer to him and he saw it was Elijah. "She can't die."

Elijah walked through the blood as well and kneeled on the other side of her. He didn't hear any heartbeats, not even a faint one. He bit into his wrist as well but Damon bitterly told him, "I tried that."

Elijah was bewildered and he had no idea what to do for a moment before he got up, "She's not dying today."

Elijah walked away and went back into the party, blood soaking through his clothes and probably dripping onto the floor. He was in a state of shock. He didn't expect Eira to be dead when he walked in, he had hoped she wouldn't be.

But he smelt the blood. That's the reason he went to the kitchen in the first place. The vampires were getting riled up in the party and he didn't understand why until he smelt her blood.

Elijah went to the middle of the crowd and he shouted, "Everyone needs to leave right now!"

Most of the people were confused and hadn't started moving quite yet until he lost his patience and yelled, "Now!"

Everyone rushed out of there and in the moving crowd, Elijah found the person he was looking for: Genevieve. He stepped in front of her as she tried to leave, "Genevieve, I need your immediate assistance and if you do not help, you will die. Am I understood?"

"It's always a pleasure talking to you, Elijah," Genevieve frowned. "But yes, it's understood."

Most of the people had left and that's when Elijah heard Klaus's voice, "You're not going to get peace, Elijah, by scaring the guests away."

Elijah stepped towards Klaus to tell him what happened, but his words died in his throat. How could he tell his brother that the love of his life was dead on the floor of the kitchen?

"Niklaus..." Elijah started to say but he stopped once he saw Klaus's face turn into one of distress.

Klaus could smell it, then. He didn't see it on Elijah because of the dark atmosphere but he could smell it. The blood and he knew it was her blood. He knew her scent. He vamp sped away from Elijah to where the scent led and he stopped. He saw Damon knelt down next to someone with a lot of blood on the floor and Katherine was standing to the side of Damon, he heard her cries.

But he hadn't seen the body. Not fully. He refused to believe it was her. Klaus walked slowly towards the body. He barely walked, he didn't want to see her dead body.

He walked till he stood at the end of whoever's body it was. He was staring at the ground, at the blood. But then his eyes slowly lifted, gliding over this woman's body until he got to her face and he stopped. Tears dropped from his eyes because he knew that face.

Klaus heard a woman gasp, "Oh my god."

Klaus went and knelt down on the side of Eira that Damon wasn't on. Klaus lifted a hand and he ever so slowly reached out to touch her face, because once he did she didn't react.

Klaus then gently pulled her into his arms and put her head in his lap. One hand was behind her head and the other was on her cheek, his thumb caressing her skin.

Klaus heard Genevieve speak, "The ancestors wouldn't allow me to bring her back. They don't like her because...because she's with the wrong people."

"You mean, because she's with me?" Klaus stated, his voice strained and he looked up at her. "I'll leave her alone. She won't ever see me again, just...just save her."

"I'm sorry," Genevieve really did feel sorry for him and the way he looked so broken. Then she waved a hand in the air, making Eira's eyes close. "I can't save Eira from death."

And then Genevieve attempted to walk away, but Klaus was angry and he was least of all, understanding. He set Eira down gently and then he vamp sped over to Genevieve, grabbing her from behind and he held his hands on the side of her head, getting ready to snap it.

"You can bring her back, or I can give pieces of you back to your witch coven," Klaus threatened her.

"I fear the ancestors a lot more than I fear you," Genevieve said.

Klaus was about to snap her neck before Elijah grabbed him, and forcefully pushed him back. Genevieve left quickly, afraid of him.

"I want to know who did this to her and make them suffer!" he yelled with tears falling down his face.

Damon hadn't spoken a word, but he grabbed his little sister and brought her to him, putting her head in his lap. He kissed her forehead, "My sweet baby sister. If any sibling deserved this, it was me."

Damon sat there for hours with her, just holding her. Klaus had went into another room, he couldn't bare the sight of her being dead so he instead he thought of who killed her, he even thought of killing everyone in whole city.

     Elijah left the kitchen and left the two people in it to their sorrows and attended to his own. He thought Eira was the hope for the Mikaelson family, the one that could bring them all together. But that hope was gone.

   Katherine had knelt down next to Damon and put her hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture. He didn't notice it, he was too concerned with his little sister. And after a couple hours, a miracle had occurred.

Eira gasped awake.

   Author's Note: I will put the next update out in about 30 minutes. I don't want to do it at the same time because I don't want anyone clicking on the wrong chapter and reading something they shouldn't. It just ruins things.

   Kol isn't there because he left the party with Davina.