73 -4x06

After Klaus's declaration, they had silently agreed to leave. Eira was nervous, she felt like she was walking on egg shells. Klaus wouldn't stop staring at her, trying to probe her reaction to what he told her. But she didn't have one to give.

    He could chase after her all he liked. Her feelings of right now were that she cared for him, she didn't want to see him get hurt. But she didn't care for him in a romantic way, at least not yet. This new her needed to be around him a lot more for her to feel that way or maybe she wouldn't feel that way at all.

   The whole car and plane ride back to Mystic Falls, they didn't say a word to each other. Eira didn't know what to say and neither did Klaus but her silence put him on edge, mostly because he didn't get to hear her voice that he loved so much. It drove him crazy, her silence.

   They arrived back in Mystic Falls. It was just becoming dawn. They were at the car at the airport. The hybrid Klaus brought with him was sent to the other hybrids at Tyler's house to find out what happened while he was away and report back to him. The hybrid came back and told Klaus the news that the hunter died, Elena killed him.

    The hybrid took a step back in fear of Klaus's anger and Klaus shooed him away. The hybrid quickly vamp sped away and Eira walked closer to Klaus. She entwined her hand with his.

    His anger was gone as soon her hand touched his. He stared down at her and she spoke, breaking that silence between them,"It'll be fine. Everything will be fine."

   Her words were a melody and he was entranced by its speaker. He fell under her spell that she had so tightly weaved him under the moment he saw her for the first time in that school hallway.

   Klaus sighed and his mind revealed a truth,"I miss you."

   Eira was stuck, frozen. She felt bad that she couldn't give him what he wanted or tell him what he wanted to hear. But it would be lie if she gave in and fulfilled his every wish.

   "Klaus, you know I don't...," she got cut off.

   "I know," Klaus pulled away from her, letting go of her hand. "You can't remember so therefore you can't miss me. I understand. It hurts but I understand."

   Eira bit her lip and nodded,"I think I should go home now."

   "Is that what you want?" Klaus asked.

   "It's been long enough and I can't stay with you anymore. It's too much," Eira explained.

    Klaus went and opened the door of the passenger seat of the car for her. She looked at him sadly and got in the car. Klaus came around to the drivers side and he started driving the car. His grip on the steering wheel was tight as he drove.

    They pulled up outside the Salvatore boarding house. Klaus vamp sped out of the car and he opened the passenger door. She got out and Klaus got her bag for her.

   She grabbed it from him. She looked up at him and said,"I do hope you'll be okay."

   "I will never be okay without you," Klaus replied bitterly, just making her feel more badly than she already did.

   Eira walked away from him and she went inside the house. Klaus watched her leave, wanting to never let her go. But he did.

   _______________

    Eira walked into her house and she went upstairs to her room. She started taking things out of her bag and putting them into drawers. She heard a whoosh of air and her brothers had entered her room which had the door open.