epilogue

To the one who has my heart forever,

   I didn't want to leave you. That was the last thing I ever wanted to do. But being a vampire and being in love with you, I can't do both. Not right now.

     Whenever you're around me, I don't feel the urge for blood because all I can think about is you. But the second you're not there, I do terrible things and I don't want to. That's the only reason I'm leaving. So I can learn to be a vampire and not do terrible things. And when you think enough time has passed, come find me.

     You once told me that you would show me the world. That was something you wanted to do once before New Orleans. I want to spend eternity with you everywhere in the world. I promised you eternity, remember?  I still intend to keep that promise, but some time will have to pass before I do. And don't think for a second that I'll ever fall out of love with you. That's impossible.

        For eternity,
       Eira

    Niklaus Mikaelson was her first love. The one she would always love. The one she would go back to in a heartbeat if he ever showed up in her life again.

But he hadn't shown up. Not in a long time.

It had been twenty years since Eira last saw Klaus Mikaelson. She hadn't wanted to leave him, but she needed to. After her death, and she was still technically dead, she woke up in transition to become a vampire because of the twins' vampire blood in her system.

As for their children, she had woken up with them dead inside her. The worst moment in her new undead life was when she had to get her children removed from her body. She was shown her dead lifeless children and she was allowed to hold them. They were so tiny and she couldn't understand how anyone wanted to hurt them.

But they were dead. One of the twins had a stab wound in his tiny, little body, killing him instantly and the other was deprived of oxygen because of Eira's death. Eira never thought she'd stop crying. But she did, because suddenly she felt nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

She had turned her humanity off supposedly, but she never did anything bad. She just didn't feel anything. Anyone that she used to care for was practically just a stranger to her, except Damon. A certain amount of relief was felt whenever her older brother was around.

Damon had tried many times to get her to turn her emotions on and Eira didn't attempt to stop him. She didn't really care. All she really did was sit in a chair in her room and waste away.

Klaus only came to see her once as she let herself waste away. It didn't end very well. He had attempted to touch her hand which she yanked away from him because he was talking about their children and she didn't want to think about them, it made her too sad. She felt anger and bitterness towards him. He had succeeded in getting negative emotions out of her.

She remembered the words she told him: I regret every single moment I spent with you. Every single horrible thing has happened because of you: I died because of you, our children died because of you. You shouldn't want my emotions back on, because you'll be dealing with how much I hate you.

Klaus didn't see her after that. If she had her emotions, she never would have told him that. She couldn't believe she was so spiteful towards him, someone she loved so much. But she wasn't emotionless for long. There had been a surprise visitor. One she hadn't expected, and one she very much needed.