04

Hot water poured over her head and her fingers threaded through the wet strands of her hair as she stood in the modern contraption called a shower. After she saw that she had white hair, neither Damon or herself had an explanation for why. So, they left the puzzlement of her hair color to figure out another day and Damon left her room so, she could freshen up after being stuck in a coffin.

The water turned cold and Eira could no longer stand to be near it. She turned the knob as Damon had shown her and the shower turned off. She stepped out and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around herself. She exited the bathroom and went into her closet in her bedroom. Damon explained to her that when they built the Salvatore boarding house that a room for only her was made because Stefan and himself missed her and felt like it was wrong not to include a room her for. So, each decade, compelled people would change the room including the clothes.

When Eira saw the clothes in her closet, she was astounded. She was used to wearing long, puffy dresses and now girls could wear pants, some that were entirely too short. She just randomly picked something to wear and got dressed.

She went back into the bathroom and combed through her wet hair. Once, she was done she just played with the ends of her hair, staring at it. It would take her awhile to get used to the fact that she had shiny, white hair.

Eira went downstairs and to the kitchen. She was hungry. She looked everywhere in that kitchen and there was nothing for her eat.

   "Hungry?" A voice startled her, making her jump and clutch her hand to her chest.

   She turned around and it was Damon. "Yeah, but there's nothing in here."

   "We're vampires, we don't eat. But, come on. What kind of brother would I be if I let you starve?" Damon stated grabbing her arm and pulling her with him.

    _________

Damon took her to a place called the Mystic Grill. There weren't too many people considering it was late at night. Damon called on a waiter and ordered her something which she didn't catch the name of.

Soon, the waiter came out with her food and alcohol for Damon. Eira stared at the food in bewilderment.

"What is it?" She asked poking at it.

Damon laughed,"It's a cheeseburger. You'll like it. And, those are fries."

Eira was hesitant but she picked up the greasy burger and bit down on it. Her tastebuds were overwhelmed with the new flavors. She had never had a cheeseburger in her life but, the grilled taste along with the melted cheese won her over. She tried the fries, too and she liked them as well. She liked the salty taste. Once, she decided that she liked what she was eating, she ate ravenously.

Damon reached over and stole one of her fries. She tried slapping at his hand but he was too quick. "That was mine," she pouted.

"I'm not allowed to have one fry?" he questioned.

"They are really good," she argued weakly and he chuckled at her.

"I told you that you would," he replied, smugly and she stuck her tongue out at him.

Once she finished her meal, Damon compelled the waiter to make the meal free which Eira scolded him for but, honestly, she found it pretty cool that he could do that. Eira followed Damon outside to the his blue car. She admired the car even though she had no idea what car it was. She didn't even know anything about cars. Cars were a new thing to her and they were a spectacle to see.

"Are you going to teach me how drive?" Eira asked.

"In this?" he pointed to his car to which she nodded.

"Absolutely not. You'll drive something else if I ever teach you," he immediately denied as they both got in the car.

Damon drove the both of them home and the ride was spent in silence until Eira spoke up. "Day, I'm sorry that Katherine wasn't in the tomb. I know you cared about her."

"It's okay, Eira. I got something better for opening the tomb, anyways," Damon smiled over at her to which she smiled back.

Damon looked back at the road before asking his next question. "You and Katherine were close, right? What did she say about Stefan and I?"

Eira's heart broke for Damon. It was always so obvious that he cared for Katherine so much. But, Katherine never liked him back. "Umm, well... She always told me she liked Stefan, Day. I'm sorry."

Tears gathered in Damon's eyes which he didn't let fall. He refused to cry for someone who never loved him. Eira reached her hand out and squeezed his arm, trying to comfort him in some way.

"It'll be okay, Day. I promise," she declared and Damon soaked up her words, taking them to heart because he believed in his sister. The rest of the car ride was spent in silence.

Author's Note: Okay, so this is just like some sibling bonding. Once I get to the actual episodes which I think will start in the next chapter, the chapters will get longer. These first couple of chapters are just like my beginning.