07

"I'm never doing that, again," Damon said as he closed the trunk of the car with all the groceries in it, filled with food.

"All you did was throw things in the cart," she simply stated as she got in the passenger side of the car.

"Exactly. It was exhausting," Damon exaggerated as he started the car and drove off.

Eira let out a small laugh and smiled, "You're such a drama queen."

"That's... not true," Damon tried to be convincing. "Okay, it's only half true."

Eira smiled in triumph as the car came to a stop outside The Grill. Her smile got wiped off. "Damon, what are we doing here?"

"Well, I don't want to drink all of my alcohol. So, I'll drink all the bourbon here," Damon said sarcastically, getting out of the car.

Eira huffed and got out of the car, following Damon. "Why must you insist on always drinking alcohol?"

Damon slung his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to him as they walked inside. "You can never go wrong with alcohol as a vampire. Plus, I like it."

Damon took his arm away as he sat down at the bar and Eira sat next to him. "A bourbon and...," he looked at her.

"Fries for me," Eira chimed in to the bartender as he poured bourbon into a glass for Damon. The bartender was staring at her and giving her weird looks which Eira couldn't determine what for. But, Damon seemed to sense what it was as he glared harshly at the bartender. The bartender saw it and scurried away. Eira gave Damon a confused look to which he just shook his head, not wanting to explain it.

Damon started talking to the person sitting next to them, "Behold, the teacher. Don't you have some papers to grade?"

"It's, uh, more fun with a buzz," The person she now knew as a teacher said.

"Well, most things in life are. Sober's depressing," Damon replied to which she shook her head at. He was such a bad influence. At that moment, the bartender brought her the fries she ordered. She smiled in thanks at him to which the bartender just looked kind of in a daze but then he looked at Damon, remembering that glare and scurried off again.

She missed some of the conversation happening between this teacher and Damon. She didn't much care for their conversation, anyway. She had food in front of her and that was more important. The teacher was staring at Damon like he knew something and then said his goodbyes and left. It seemed that Damon was a wanted person today, because a blonde lady showed up in a uniform.

"Daytime drinking, uh?" The woman said to Damon and then she saw me. "Who is this?"

"It's all the rage," Damon said then nodded his head at Eira's direction. "This is my little sister, Eira. Eira, this is Liz. She's the Sheriff."

"Nice to meet you," Eira said politely.

Liz smiled at Eira. "You, too," she said then redirected her attention to Damon. "Listen, I need a favor."

"You ever been in love?" Damon blurted out which took Liz by surprise. "Excuse me?"

"Have you ever been so bent on someone that you just have your heart ripped out by them?" Damon continued.