22

The next day, Eira went with Stefan to the school to help set up the Miss Mystic floats. When they got there, Eira received a text from Bonnie to meet in the chemistry in room inside the school.

Eira walked into the school and she saw Elena walking to the same room. She caught up to her and walked beside her to chemistry room.

"Bonnie asked you to come?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, she said it was important," Eira explained and Elena nodded.

They walked to the room in silence and Elena opened the door for the both of them and then closed once they were inside. Bonnie was sitting down, reading this book and she turned around and smiled at the both of them.

"Hey, thanks for meeting me," Bonnie greeted. "I wanted you both to see this."

"Is that Emily's spell book?" Elena questioned and Eira's eyes widened.

Bonnie nodded,"I've been going through it since Grams died. Check this out."

Bonnie pointed to something on the page the book was opened to. It showed the vampire compass along with other Jonathan Gilbert inventions.

"That's the vampire compass," Elena stated and Bonnie nodded.

"Yeah. According to Emily, Jonathan Gilbert never actually succeeded in inventing anything. Emily secretly spelled them all with magic," Bonnie started pointing things out in the book. "The compass, rings, and the mystery device you told me about."

"Yeah, that's it. Well, a part of it. Damon only has the one piece," Elena explained.

"Emily pledged her loyalty to Katherine. But she couldn't stand by and watch innocent people get killed. This was the only way she could think of to help. To let Jonathan Gilbert believe that he'd actually invented these devices," Bonnie responded.

"Does it say what it does?" Elena questioned.

Bonnie read the page and looked confused,"Are you sure this is what Isobel wants?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Why?" Elena asked.

"This is a weapon. Against vampires," Bonnie stated and Elena looked shocked.

"And I found something else," Bonnie flipped to a page. The page had drawing of a coffin on it with the initials E.S.

Now, Eira was shocked. "I didn't think that this could be coincidence," Bonnie stated.

"There's nothing else about it?" Eira questioned running her fingers over the drawing.

"There's bits and pieces about you in the spell book. Katherine pressured Emily to do something involving you. It doesn't say what," Bonnie explained.

"Thanks for telling me," Eira stated and Bonnie just nodded.

"You deserved to know."

_________

Eira had been working out in her mind that Katherine had something to do with why she was alive. Now, she knew Emily was involved as well which meant there was magic involved. Some sort of spell.

Eira was outside the school now once they finished talking and she went over to Caroline to help her with decorating the floats.

"Hey, Eira," Caroline smiled before her mouth formed a strict frown. "Where have you been?"

Eira scratched her head,"I've been busy. But, I'm here now and I can help with all of this."

Caroline kept a frown on her face before sighing. "Fine, take these and start attaching them to the front of the float."