111

Eira had disappeared. Well, sort of.

No one in the French Quarter of New Orleans knew where Eira was. After Davina's death, she wanted to be left alone, but no one expected that she would just leave without a clue as to where she went.

But Eira wasn't really hiding. She was where she felt at home, in nature where she was in control, out in the bayou. She felt it was past time that she went and visited Hayley, but she also wanted to get over her sorrow for Davina.

Eira knew her brothers must be losing their minds wondering where she went. She wondered why no one thought to look for her in the bayou, but that may have been her fault. She left right after Davina's death and she told her brothers not to look for her, giving them the impression that she wasn't coming back, that she might have left the city.

She tried not to think about Klaus. She knew he must angry with her and worried for her. She knew it was wrong to just leave him without so much as a goodbye, but she had every intention of coming back. Eira felt bad enough that she responded to one of her brother's texts and told him she was fine, knowing her message would be told to everyone.

It was nice being in the bayou, she didn't have to worry about anything except taking care of herself for the sake of the two infants growing inside her. There was simply no drama in the bayou and she liked that, she longed for that quiet life where the only thoughts she had were about her unborn children.

But Eira knew she wouldn't get the quiet life by being with Klaus and that was okay. She wouldn't trade Klaus for the world. She would never give him up, she loved him way too much and he made her happy way too much. Even with impending doom like there usually was, he made her smile.

Being out in the bayou also helped her get over her grief for Davina. She knew with two growing infants that it wasn't good to be emotionally unstable. She needed to be happy. So she let Davina's death go, she let her mind be freed from that. Although she was still sad, she knew that being sad forever wouldn't do herself any good.

So for four days, Eira stayed out in the bayou with Hayley and Eve. The Crescent Pack of werewolves decided to make themselves known, in wolf form, because they were still bound by a spell to only change back to human form on the full moon.

But Eira became very friendly with the werewolves. She would constantly treat them somewhat like dogs as she would pet them, running her fingers through their fur. Hayley would constantly scold her for it, and the wolf that always stayed near Hayley would shake its head. But the wolves liked it as they were calmed by and drawn to Eira's presence.

The wolves would constantly come up to her and rub its snout against her knee, trying to get her attention. She would pet them and when she stopped, the wolves would rub against her again. The wolves definitely followed her around everywhere, always wanting her attention.

But after four whole days, Eira decided it was time to go back to the French Quarter. She missed Klaus terribly and she found that she just wanted to be held in his arms. She missed her brothers as well and she didn't want to worry them any further.

"Thanks, Hayley, for letting me stay here," Eira said to her as she hugged the hybrid girl goodbye.

"You know you can come all the time," Hayley said, breaking the hug. "But you need to get back to Klaus, to keep him in line."

"As if that's possible," Eira responded.

"The pack is going to miss you," Hayley said, looking over at the wolves that had their heads hanging low, looking like wounded puppies.