14

The next day, Stefan seemed a little off to Eira. He was very on edge. Eira thought it was odd because he was doing so well when she was around. It was after school when she decided to confront him about it.

   Stefan was in the parlor and he poured himself a glass of alcohol, which was very unStefan-like. Eira came into the room and joked,"They say alcohol is bad for you."

   Stefan's eyes darted to Eira, he didn't expect for her to be there. "It's not for vampires," Stefan said.

   "Yeah, I- I know. It was a joke," Eira explained before continuing. "What's wrong, Stef?"

   "I lost control with Elena," Stefan confided.

    "Well, did you bite her?" Eira asked, walking closer to him.

  "No, but I could have," Stefan answered.

   "Stef," Eira started."You can't keep blaming yourself for what you could've done. It's not healthy. You didn't hurt, Elena. So, it's fine. It'll be fine."

  "It's not fine, Eira," Stefan raised his voice."Every second of the day I crave blood. The only thing holding me together is the promise I made to you."

   "Then, we'll get through this together," Eira grabbed Stefan's hand and held it. "I'm going to stick with you, no matter what."

   __________

    Eira didn't let Stefan drink any alcohol during the day. She just encouraged Stefan to focus on her, which seemed to help as he didn't want to hurt her nor did he ever want her to see the part of himself that hurt other people.

    Later in the day, Stefan and Eira had to go with Damon to the Founder's Day celebration. They were at the entrance and Eira was holding Stefan's hand to help him with his control.

   "Oh, god. I shouldn't be here," Stefan worried.

   Eira squeezed his hand,"It'll be fine, Stef. Trust me."

   Damon spoke up,"Come on. Don't be a downer. It's a party for the founding families. That would be us. It would be rude to skip it."

   "I really liked it a whole lot better when you hated everybody," Stefan said to Damon.

   "Oh, I still do. I just love that they love me," Damon explained and Eira shook her head at him.

  "How are you feeling?" Damon asked Stefan.

   "I'm good. I'm fine," Stefan squeezed her hand.

   "Are you two taking the whole 'twin' thing to a literal level? I mean, I don't think I saw you leave each other's sides today," Damon teased.

  "You're just jealous you don't have a twin. Now, we'll see you later," Eira defended and dragged Stefan into the party.

   "Don't embarrass me," Damon called.

    __________

     Eira had dragged to Stefan to the dance floor but they were playing horrible music. She looked at Stefan with an idea in mind.

   "No, no. I already know what your thinking," Stefan shook his head.

  "Come on, Stefan. Please. Just compel the person to change the music, please," Eira begged.

  "Uh, fine," he grumbled but left to compel the DJ to change the song to something better to dance to.

   The song changed to an upbeat pop song and Stefan came back to her. Eira grabbed his arm and dragged him to the middle of the dance floor.

   "We're dancing," Eira demanded.

     Stefan looked indifferent about it until he took her hand and twirled her around, surprising her. She laughed and Stefan smiled because he liked to see her happy. He kept twirling her around and dancing with her, only focusing on his twin's happiness and not even feeling any cravings, whatsoever.

   Elena walked into the room to see people dancing and she noticed Stefan and Eira were among the dancing crowd. Elena was shocked because she usually had to beg Stefan to dance, but with Eira he seemed carefree and fun.

   Damon showed up next to Elena, "Have I entered an alternate universe where Stefan is fun?"

   "He always seems to be in a brighter mood around Eira," Elena stated.

   "Yeah, I'm not surprised. Stefan has always done anything for Eira. Even dance, although he hates it," Damon smiled, remembering.

   "It seems like she's helping him with his control. That's what Stefan said," Elena said.

   "It's that twin bond they have. Plus, Stefan made a promise to never hurt her, so as long as Eira is around him, he'll be fine," Damon explained.

   _________

    Author's Note: Okay, I know this is really short and I'm sorry but I just wanted to post something. I really like Stefan and Eira's twin bonding. So, your gonna start seeing in my story that Eira is going to change the dynamic between Stefan-Elena-Damon thing.
   Also, I live in Florida so I don't have any school right now due to the Hurricane Matthew. So you readers can thank the hurricane because I'm gonna be updating a lot.