13 -1x18

Eira's eyelids felt heavy and it took tremendous effort to open them. Once, she did she saw that she was lying her bed and Damon was sitting in a chair next to her, waiting for her to wake up.

She coughed and Damon's eyes snapped to her. "Hey, you're awake. Do you remember what happened?"

Everything came rushing back to her. She had been taken by the tomb vampires and they used her as a blood bag. Then, she somehow killed them.

Tears filled her eyes and she spoke softly,"I killed them, Damon. I didn't want to kill anybody."

Damon quickly came and sat beside her and pulled her close to him. "If anything they deserved it, Eira. You don't need to feel sorry."

Eira just took his words in with silence, letting her mind ponder over them. Eira's head rested on Damon's shoulder. He continued,"How are you feeling?"

"Sore and weak," Eira responded. "But, better."

"You need more vampire blood," Damon got up and grabbed a glass cup. He bit into his wrist and held it over the glass. He handed it to her, once there was good amount of blood in it.

She grabbed it and scrunched her face up in disgust. But, she drank it, anyway. She put the empty glass on the bedside table.

"Now, you should be fine," Damon sighed in relief.

"Were you that worried about me?" Eira questioned.

"Yes," he blurted out immediately. "Of course, I was. You passed out. I had no idea if you would wake up.... human."

"Well, you don't need to worry now. I'm fine," Eira reassured.

Damon nodded and sighed. "Just go to sleep. You'll get better faster like that."

Damon left the room and Eira closed her eyes once again, falling asleep. Her body took the time to heal and the vampire blood just made her body heal faster.

__________

Eira got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She had woken from her deep sleep and she wanted to wash off the dried blood she had on her. She looked at herself in the mirror and she noticed she had scars of the bite marks on her body. There was a scar on the base of her neck where it met her shoulder, one on the upper part of her arm, and there was another scar on her wrist. They were faint but if looked at hard enough, it was recognizable.

She sighed and left the bathroom and went to her closet. She got dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants. She didn't feel like doing anything. She brushed out the knots of her hair and then she went downstairs.

She found Damon in the parlor, drinking as usual. "We need to talk," Damon said once he saw her.

"About what?" Eira asked.

"About what...," Damon repeated. "About what you did to the tomb vampires."

"Yeah, I don't know what that was," Eira explained wrapping her arms around herself. "I just wanted everything to stop and it happened."

"That's it?" Damon questioned.

"Yeah," Eira stated and then looked at him. "What's wrong with me?"

"Well, apparently you're now a freak of Nature. Literally," Damon smirked, teasing her.

"You're so mean," Eira looked away from him but had a small smile on her lips. Eira liked when Damon made things less serious because it lightened her mood.