28 -2x05

It was assumed that Caroline was spying on all of them because of the way she was dead set on keeping Elena and Stefan apart. They assumed Katherine was involved. They didn't know why yet. So, they had to be careful around Caroline.

Eira went with Stefan to the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. It was a day to give back to the community. The land they were volunteering on was going to be a new public park and they were helping create it.

Eira was painting some of the wooden posts that were up while Stefan went to negotiate peace with Mason. She hoped it would work but highly doubted it.

Soon, Stefan rejoined her and he told her that he made a deal with Mason to keep the peace. He had threatened Mason to do it but it worked. Although, Stefan didn't trust Mason.

Stefan was cutting wood while Eira was painting and she saw Stefan looking at Elena who was looking right back at him. Elena had started walking over to Stefan and Eira stopped painting. She moved away from them a bit to let them talk but she was still within hearing distance.

"Stefan...," Elena started.

"Don't. Why do you keep trying Elena? I don't want to be with you anymore," Stefan cut Elena off.

His words stung Elena and it hurt. "I keep trying Stefan because I love you. And I know you still love me too. I'm not just going to give up on us."

"I do love you, Elena. I'll probably always love you," Stefan's voice broke. "But, I know what's good for me. You aren't."

Tears sprung to Elena's eyes and she nodded,"I'm sorry, Stefan. I never wanted to hurt you."

Elena walked away from Stefan after she said that. Eira walked back to Stefan and grabbed his hand, squeezing it in comfort. Stefan took a deep breath and squeezed her hand back.

"I'll be fine," he said to her like he was trying to get himself to believe it.

"And until you are, I'll be here," Eira comforted.

__________

Eira continued painting while Stefan went to deal with Damon. He saw Damon talking to Mason and wanted to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

It had been awhile since Stefan was with her and she was starting to get worried for both of her brothers. Then, she got that bad feeling once again.

Eira looked all around trying to find her brothers but they were nowhere in sight. Eira started walking and as she walked the bad feeling got stronger like the feeling was telling her where to go.

Eira followed the feeling as it got stronger and stronger. It led her into the woods. Eira started walking quicker and coming into her vision was Mason holding Elena, getting ready to snap her neck and Caroline was in front of them.

Eira raised her hands out in front of her and willed for Mason to be stopped. Vines grew out of the ground behind Mason and they slowly crept to him and as they got to him they raised higher out of the ground to reach his arms. The vines quickly striked and wrapped around Mason's arms that were holding Elena, and with their supernatural strength they ripped Mason's arms from around Elena's neck. Elena stepped away from Mason.