93

Klaus came back upstairs to his shared room with Eira after daggering Elijah and delivering him to Marcel. He felt guilty after he did it but then he thought of Eira and his paranoia that everyone liked Elijah more and his jealousy of Elijah with Eira rose up again. He wasn't turning back.

   Eira finished getting all the white sheets off the furniture and she had dusted some of the rooms, mostly the bedrooms and the kitchen because there were too many rooms. Eira went back to the bedroom once she was done and soon after Klaus came.

   She had wondered where he went off to and Elijah as well. He felt guilty once he saw her because he knew he was going to lie to her. He wouldn't reveal that he daggered Elijah. He didn't want her to be mad as he knew she would. So, he avoided it.

   "Where have you been?" Eira asked, embracing him in a hug.

   "Business with Marcel," Klaus answered which was true after Eira pulled away. "And I compelled someone to get groceries from the store. You'll be needing human food."

   "Thank you," Eira smiled as Klaus played with her hand. Then she asked,"Where did Elijah go?"

   "He left. He didn't say where and he didn't say how long," Klaus answered.

   Eira's face scrunched in confusion,"But, why would he just leave?"

   "Eira, I don't know and I don't care. I just care about you," Klaus looked at her intensely.

   It was that intense look that made her mind stop working straight and her heartbeat increased. Her breathing picked up, coming out in shallow breaths. Accepting what Klaus said about Elijah was easy because she simply couldn't think about anything but Klaus's stare. That, and Eira believed that Klaus would never lie to her. She believed in him.

   He broke that belief.

   Klaus's eyes zeroed in on Eira's neck. There was a bruise in the shape of handprints. It was from when he choked Sophie Devereaux. His eyes filled with worry and his fingers ran over the bruise gently, featherlight, making Eira shiver.

   "I'm sorry," Klaus apologized. "I didn't know she was linked to you at the time. She threatened you and I became angry."

   "Klaus, it's okay. It's just a bruise," Eira smiled, reassuringly.

    Klaus still held worry in himself and Eira reached up and kissed him, wiping his worries away. He kissed her back and he tangled his hand in her white hair.

    When he let her go to breathe, he ran his thumb over her cheek in circles. He looked into her green, innocent eyes that he loves staring at. He felt guilty again because she was good, moral, kind like Elijah and he was bad, most definitely bad for her. He did bad things like he did by betraying Elijah and he most definitely didn't deserve Eira.

   But she was his. He wanted her to be his. He was selfish, another bad thing and he would keep her as his for all of eternity. No matter how bad he knew he was or how much he didn't deserve her, he would have her.

    _____________________

   AN: The rest of this chapter will cover the summer between episode 1 and 2 of The Originals.

    Klaus had spent a lot of time away from the house in the French Quarter with Marcel, leaving Eira to be alone in the house. She still had her everyday phone calls with Stefan and Damon would come over every once in awhile. But for the most part, Eira was bored.

    Klaus would come home in the evening hours when it was dark indicating the night. Eira waited for him on the couch in the living room every night. Some nights she would fall asleep before he got there, but it was rare as she forced herself to stay awake to see him.