Give Me A Try (Part 2)

To be honest you can't really remember much about that night. It became a blur after those words that Bucky spoke. Shared puffs of smoke and stolen kisses, huddled up in the corner of the booth together, a few too many drinks maybe too.

You thought that maybe things could work out after that. That maybe Bucky wasn't all that bad.

Until he disappeared.

Considering you never even used to think about him, the fact that you keep an alert eye out for him around school the whole week and don't see him seems just typical of his nature you had heard about. Especially considering he said he saw you at school you think you'd see him popping up here there and everywhere.

It's been a whole week since that night at the bowling alley. Even more than that in fact. A whole week and a bit of hearing your friends gush over how cute the two of you were, asking you how he is.

No one was as successful in scoring a man that night as you but now it just seems like your just as out of luck as them.

You keep coming back to them with the same disappointing answer of 'no, I still haven't heard from him' and they keep replying with 'maybe he will talk to you today, he's just trying to work up the courage'. They keep building your hopes back up. You keep day dreaming about situations that he and you could possibly end up in. And then you end up having your feelings shattered again every night when there's still no sign of him.

You've come to accept the fact that he's exactly how you thought he was. You were just another girl on his list that he ticked off once satisfied and moved on happily. You guys didn't go anywhere near far enough to call it a one night stand but there was still definitely something there. He seemed so genuine.

Now it's Monday afternoon. It was last Saturday that you were at the bowling alley.

You're walking down the hallway of school after lunch, fuming at the thought of him as you seem to have been doing a lot of lately when suddenly you feel an arm slip around your shoulder. You glare up at whoever it is, getting ready to tell them you're not in the mood to talk when suddenly you melt.

It's him. It's Bucky. You haven't been able to get him off your mind. Of all the awful abusive things you've thought up over the last few days to scream at him if you ever saw him again now you've got nothing.

"Hey there doll." He smiles down at you.

"You still haven't even introduced yourself to me properly." You say indifferently.

"Haven't I? I'm terribly sorry doll. The names James Barnes, but you can call me Bucky." He says in an almost teasing way as he stretches out a hand for you to shake.

"(Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)." You remark, begrudgingly taking his hand.

"(Y/N), what a beautiful name." He sighs cockily.

"You know Bucky Barnes, you're not doing a great job of impressing me so far." You state flatly and shrug his arm off of your shoulder.

"Aw come on doll!" He wines and chases after you.

"I'll give you a hint. In order to win a girl over you can't disappear right after you've told her that your going to show her how good you are." You say dismissively.

"I'm sorry okay!" He pleads with you as he catches up and walks backwards in front of you to talk to you.

"Where have you been then?" You exclaim.

"I had a, um, research project to do." He grins hopefully at you.

"Oh really? And what kind of project might that have been?" You quirk an eyebrow at him.