The Howlies (Part 7)

It's been three days since you last saw Bucky and you're starting to feel terrible about the situation. It's not like you've been avoiding him, you just haven't even seen him at all, not in the cafeteria, not around the base. Just no where.

You don't know what you were thinking keeping it from him, it was stupid. Bucky knew what happened to you in there, he knew what you went through and supported you then, so why wouldn't he support you now? But now you're worried that you've ruined your chance of being able to tell him and still have his support. He seemed so upset the other day that he might get mad that you didn't just tell him. He might not even let you explain in the first place.

No one else knew what happened to you in there, they could probably guess, but you didn't tell any of them.

Gabe's POV:

"Hey man have you seen (Y/N) lately?" I ask Bucky over dinner.

"No and I don't really plan on it," he mumbles, picking at his food.

"Woah hang on a minute, last time I saw you two together you were all lovey dovey. What happened?" I frown confused.

"I'm not sure, you'll have to ask her. She's the one avoiding me." He shrugs disheartened.

"Oh shit." I gasp.

"Yeah, when she went off to the hospital she was fine but then I didn't hear from her after that." He huffs.

I think about it for a second. "Do you think something happened in there then?"

"In the hospital? I don't know, but I would've thought that after all we'd been through together she could tell me anything."

"Do you know what nurse she was with?"

"Someone called Lizzy, they seemed to be close. Why's that?"

"No reason... Now if you'll excuse me I have to go do something." I say casually and stand up.

"Gabe, what are you up to?" Bucky quirks an eyebrow at me.

"Oh nothing." I shrug as I start to back away.

"Where are you going?" he quizzes as he starts towards me.

"Nowhere!" I exclaim innocently at the doorway.

"Gabe." He says in a warning tone.

"Bye now!" I say cheerily as I disappear around the corner.

Immediately I head towards the medical ward with a plan in my head. I'm sure a nurse called Lizzy treated me a few months back and we got along quite well, so hopefully I can get a bit of information out of her that might help in figuring out what's up with (Y/N).

As I enter I rush over to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm looking for Lizzy? Is she here?" I say as if I know her for sure.

"Ah yep, I'll just go get her," the nurse at the front desk says before getting up.

I recognise the lady she goes to straight away and judging by the surprised look on her face when she sees me she knows me too. She quickly comes over to me with a concerned look on her face.

"Gabe right?" She frowns.

"Yeah." I smile and hold out a hand for her to shake.

"How can I help you?" she asks wearily.

Clearly me showing up out of the blue has her caught off guard which is fair enough. She's probably busy and there's no reason for me to be here.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? In private?" I ask.