Finally (Part 32)

You wake up with a blocked nose and a dry throat.

"Nooooo!" You wine in a raspy voice as you roll over.

"Doll? What's wrong?" Bucky shoots up and asks.

"I'm sick," you say sounding all clogged up. "I must've caught Theo's cold."

"Oh no." Bucky pouts. "How do you feel?"

"I think it's just a cold so I'll survive. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse than this. At least we know that it's not a vomiting bug or anything like that because Theo hasn't seemed too bad over the last few days." You huff.

"Yeah true but still just take it easy, I don't want you getting run down alright doll? Just wrap up warm today okay?" Bucky tells you with concern on his face as he strokes your cheek.

"Mhm." You mumble lazily as rest your eyes.

"I'll help get the kids up while you sleep a bit longer but then I have to get to work okay sorry Hun?" He sighs as he rolls out of bed and stretches.

"Well I'm up now so I might as well make you breakfast before you go." You yawn and follow suit.

"Aw thanks doll you're the best." Bucky grins.

Of course he never turns down food.

As much as you just want to pull on your robe and sneak back to bed later you know you have to walk Luke to school and then look after the other two for the day. So you steel yourself and pull on something more presentable.

In the kitchen you check a few eggs in a pan and keep a lazy eye on Bucky as he makes his way around the kids rooms.

"Luke! Isla! Wake up sleepyheads! Time to get up!" He chimes way to cheerfully for this time of the morning and you hear a chorus of groans in return.

Bucky grins cheekily and pokes his tongue out at you as he then slips out a few minutes later with a sleepy looking Theo perched on his hip. In that time you have played up eggs on toast for him and the kids. However, also in that short space of time your head has started to feel even heavier and foggy and you know it's going to be a long day.

"Hey baby boy." You coo and can't help but smile as you take him from Bucky and go off to feed him while the other eat, you can eat once Luke's at school.

He's getting so big. Time is flying, he's already four months old. He's got Bucky's eyes and curly, soft brown hair but your nose and mouth.

"How's my handsome little fella this morning?" You whisper softly as you burp him and gently bounce him up in your lap with the few minutes of quiet time you've got.

You might feel crappy but at least this is an enjoyable distraction.

"Doll." Bucky whispers and pokes his head in the door. "I'm off now. Bye, love you both. Feel better."

He blows you a kiss before disappearing.

"Be nice to your mother today guys, she's not feeling to well," you hear him call out.

"But mum you're not supposed to get sick?!" Isla replies loudly confused. "You're the one who's meant to look after us when we get sick."

You hear Bucky laugh just before the door shuts.

You sigh. Yep. It's going to be a long day. But at least you got to see Bucky this morning no matter how rushed it was, most days you don't.

~~~~

By the time you've dropped Luke at school and walked back home you are feeling more than just a bit under the weather. It's amazing how quickly this has come on. Luckily the day is rather uneventful, Isla manages to preoccupy herself and since Theo is still a bit sick too he's pretty sedate throughout the day so you actually get to spend a lot of time just blobbing out on the couch.