A Letter To A Friend

Author's Note: I'm sorry if the layout of this one is a little bit confusing but I hope it works out!

Dear Stevie,

How are you? I hope you're feeling better now.

To answer your question, the war sucks. It's so shitty. Take my word and seriously don't join. I'm not saying that to be a protective big brother but because it just genuinely is awful for everyone here. We all hate it. All day everyday it feels like it's just mud, blood, running, the ear popping banging of guns and all in all it's just hell, repeated over and over again. It sucks.

Please stop trying to enlist. You won't enjoy it. It's no fun. Just ask some of the guys in my squadron.

Anyway, I hope things are going good back in Brooklyn. I can't wait to see what you've done with our apartment when I get back.

I'm so happy to hear that you found a job selling bonds. I told you every little bit counts!

Yours sincerely, Bucky.

Bucky sighs as he signs off the letter and folds it up, placing it in an envelope. He grunts as he gets up from his stretcher camp bed and grabs his rain jacket.

Holding it over his head to shield himself from the relentless rain he runs out of his tent and across the way to the main living quarters. Inside he scuffs the mud off of his boots and places the letter in the mail box, hoping that the next lot of mail will get sent off soon.

------

... I told you every little bit counts!

Yours sincerely, Bucky.

Steve smiles as he reads the letter from his best friend. He's so glad they've managed to keep in contact so well since Bucky left for the war.