Rekindling a Romance

A/N: Part of this story was requested by maddezz. I hope you enjoy it!

You took a long sip of your milkshake right the way to the bottom of the glass so that it started making that awful, annoying noise before looking back up at Steve.

"So tell me again why you're so concerned?" You huff.

"Because you and Bucky are drifting apart!" He exclaims frantically.

"And?" You frown at him expectantly.

"Don't you care? Aren't you sad? You guys were the cutest couple for the last four years! Every girl wished they were you! Last year you bloody well won king and queen at the leavers ball and now all of a sudden you will hardly look at each other!" he explains.

"Yeah? Well, I don't even care. It's his fault. He's throwing our love away. I honestly don't know what else to say except for he's being an asshole." You shrug defiantly, popping the cheery from your drink into your mouth and acting as if it doesn't bother you when really it is all that has been on your mind lately.

"In what way? He seems normal to me except for when he's around you," Steve asks.

"It all started a few months ago. It just doesn't seem like he cares about us anymore. At first it was just little things like he wasn't as affectionate anymore as he used to be but I just put that down to him working long shifts and being tired. Although now it's like he's going out of his way to upset me."

"What do you mean?"

"Just the other night for example." You sigh, thinking back to that awful night before going on to tell Steve. It had to be your worst fight yet.

                               ~~~~

You walked through the door, tired from your fourth late night shift in a row at the salon. All you want to do is collapse into bed and sleep for a whole day but there is still one thing you want to check.

You've been saving up for a dress that you saw in the shop window of a boutique store in the middle of town and absolutely adored. The store is one where all the rich people shop. It's far to expensive for you to afford but you just thought it was so pretty that you had to drag Bucky into the shop and go try it on. This only made you fall in love with it even more and since then you've found yourself setting aside a third of your weekly earnings in a glass jar at the back of the cupboard to go towards it.