Scaredy Cat

After that very sad, depressing story (sorry) I thought you might enjoy something that's just a bit more light hearted and funny.

On the afternoon that Steve walks in to Bucky and his shared apartment with a stray cat he has never seen him act so strange in his life.

"Hey Buck! Look what I found!" He shouts to the seemingly empty house.

"What is it?" He hears Bucky yell back from his room.

"Come see!" Steve insists.

"Ugh, fine." Bucky groans in annoyance. "This better be good Steve I was in the middle of a really good book."

"Why do you like reading so much?" Steve rolls his eyes.

"Why don't you?" Bucky shoots back as he walks into the living area. "Ah! Jesus Steve why have you got that?" He practically shrieks and jumps out of his skin when he sees the little tabby ball of fur in Steve's arms.

"I found her on the side of the street." He says excitedly. "Look at her, isn't she cute? Just a little kitten. I don't even think she's a stray cos she's so friendly." He pouts as he holds it out for Bucky to see.

"Get that thing away from me Steve!" He exclaims as he backs away and puts his hands up to shield it.

"What's wrong Buck?" Steve frowns.

"Just get rid of it!" Bucky presses.

"Why? Are you afraid of a little pussy cat?" Steve teases. "Is Bucky a scaredy cat?"

"No!" Bucky says defensively. "We just shouldn't be bringing strays back here."

"But you've brought home stray dogs before." Steve protests.

"Dogs are different." Bucky says as he eyes the kitten terrified.

"Bucky are you seriously scared of cats? Look at her she's harmless." Steve chuckles.

"No! I'm not! And we are not keeping that thing!" Bucky pleads.

"Okay fine, I suppose we didn't keep the dogs either." Steve huffs. "But I'm at least making it some food. Oh and by the way, (Y/N) is coming over soon. I invited her over for dinner."

"What! (Y/N)'s coming?" He nearly shrieks all over again.

"Yeah." Steve deadpans. "Like she often does on a friday."

Oh god. Bucky had a huge crush on you. He couldn't let that cat ruin his night and make him look stupid.

"Okay but the cat has most definitely got to go then." He says seriously.

"But (Y/N) will love it!" Steve begs. "Come on Buck just for tonight! What better way to impress a girl than with a kitten?"

Steve knew all about his best friend's little crush and that you had one right back. And naturally of course he loved to tease Bucky about it who has no idea about the returned feelings.

"Fine but I'll be in my room then punk." Bucky grumbles and storms off.

"Whatever jerk." Steve calls after him.

Back in his room Bucky goes back to reading his book. He cannot go anywhere near that cat, especially when (Y/N) is around. That would be the most embarrassing thing ever.

Already he can feel his nose and eyes starting to itch and he really didn't even get anywhere near the cat yet.

After a while he can hear muffled conversation when you arrive.