Night Owls (Part 2)

Your heart sinks, you had really been enjoying those chats of yours and you were looking forward to it today. Maybe he was sick or had to go away for the night?

You look around, peering at his balcony just to make sure that he definitely isn't there.

"Psssst!" You suddenly hear.

You frown and look around confused.

"(Y/N) up here!" You hear again.

You look up only to see a head peeking over the top of your roof. Curly hair flopping in his face and smile glinting in the moonlight Bucky waves out to you from where he lays.

"Bucky? What the hell?" You whisper aggressively.

You hear him chuckle a little at your shocked reaction.

"What are you doing up there?" You ask in amazement.

"Come up and see for yourself." He grins cheekily.

"How did you even get up there?" You gasp.

"I have my ways." He smirks. "Now get on up here, I have a surprise for you."

"How?" You exclaim quietly.

"The fire escape dummy." He says in a mocking voice. "And keep your voice down I don't want us to get caught and have this spoilt."

"Sorry." You whisper as you head over to the ladder.

You carefully start to climb up the levels of the houses above you, careful not to slip or wake your neighbours.

"Bucky this is ridiculous." You wine as you get within a reasonable earshot of him. "I'm in my night dress and I'm not even wearing shoes."

"Just wait it'll be worth it." He laughs and reaches out his hand for you to grab.

Your heart skips a beat as you take his hand and he pulls you up. This is the first time you two have touched and the way his hand is so warm and firm in your grip against the night air sends sparks through you.

He helps pull you up and onto the roof and you gasp at what you see. It's like something out of a dream.

On the flat, concrete roof top he has a rug laid out with a blanket on top and a few lanterns illuminating the setting. You also notice a little radio perched at the corner of the blanket too.

He places a gentle hand on your back and guides you over to it. You let him because his tentative touch doesn't feel too forward, it just feels nice.

"Do you like it?" He asks softly.

"It's lovely." You sigh.

"I figured we both like to watch the stars so I thought why not watch them from where we can get the best view possible, together." He says shyly.

"Oh Bucky, that's a wonderful idea." You gasp.

"You like it?" He asks again hopefully.

"It's brilliant." You smile and rest your head on his shoulder.

Considering you haven't known him for very long, whatever it is that is growing between you two feels so natural and like it's meant to be.

The two of you sit down beside each other and he pulls the blanket up over your laps. He stretches his legs out I front of him and leans back on his palms while you find yourself sitting cross legged and leaning your head against his shoulder.

"Bucky this is so beautiful." You mumble after a while. "Thank you."

"I did pick a good night for this didn't I." He sighs and relaxes underneath you.

You sit in silence for a little while just watching the beautiful night sky and enjoying each others company. Bucky turns on the radio quietly and a slow song plays. Everything is just calm and peaceful.

"You cold?" He frowns down at you when you start to shiver.

"A little." You mumble as you rub your arms.

"Here, have my jacket. Sorry I probably should've given you some warning." He says.

"Thank you." You smile softly as you sit up.

He smiles back cutely and helps you shrug it on before the both of you lie back down in the same position.

"We're like night owls you and I." He says in a low voice, his chest rumbling beneath your ear with each word. "We like to be out here at this time of the day unlike many other people. No one else knows the things that we do or sees the things the things that we see. The night is our own special place. It's kind of like our little secret."

You can't help but smile and snuggle down deeper into his chest. Where did this boy come from? And why haven't you met him sooner? He's so sweet.

"I like the sound of that." You mumble into his shirt.

You would be quite happy to go to sleep right here. In fact, your not even watching the stars anymore, your resting your eyes.

You feel Bucky shift underneath you so that he can look at you.

"Don't go to sleep!" He chuckles and brushes some hair out of your face.

His touch is so soft and warm and inviting.

"But I'm so comfy." You wine.

"No! Come on get up and dance!" He exclaims.

"What?" You laugh.

"Don't you just love music?" He sighs as he starts to stand up.

"Yes." You nod amusedly.

"Then what are we waiting for?" He smirks and holds out his hand for you to grab.

"Bucky it's the middle of the night." You chuckle.

"So? The night is our time remember?" He grins.

"Fine." You huff and role your eyes but can't help but smile and laugh as he grabs your hand and pulls you up.

He pulls you straight into his arms, one hand on your waist and the other holding one of yours. He grins cheekily at you as he starts dancing around the concrete roof in a goofy manor.

You're laughing so hard that you can't actually hear the music but it doesn't even matter because you're out of time anyway.

"Bucky this is ridiculous!" You giggle.

"But we're having fun aren't we?" He chuckles and spins you around.

The two of you prance around the roof in each others arms laughing your heads off before settling back down on the blanket, snuggling together and next thing you know you drift off to sleep only to be woken up by Bucky whispering in your ear to wake you up to watch the beautiful sunrise.