Never Let You Go (Part 5)

After literally sitting in the corner and bawling your eyes out for an hour, you drag your trembling mess of a human to your room to get fixed up.

So many emotions are flooding through you. It's not just because your sad that he's leaving or your scared of the fact that he might not come back. You're sad because you know how terrified Bucky must be about this and you hate the idea of him feeling that awful. You can tell that he's trying to hold it all in but at some point you know that it's just going to burst out and your dreading the moment when it will.

Before getting ready you call one of your friends Moira and tell her to meet you at the science fair at 5:55pm. She's always up for a good time. You'll just avoid telling her the details of why she's been invited until she's actually there otherwise you know she won't come.

You dress in one of your nicer skirts and blouses, redo your make up and slip into some little heels before checking in the mirror. Most of the redness in your eyes has calmed down by now and by the time you walk down to the festival it will look like you had never even been crying.

Sure enough you arrive there and Moira is standing waiting by the fountain where you told her too.

"Hey (Y/N/N)! How are you? What made you decide to want to come to a science convention?" She asks cheerily, a little too cheerily for how you're feeling right now.

"Hey Moira. I'm okay, how are you?" You smile. "And it wasn't my idea it was Bucky's, you know what he's like."

"Oh I see." She giggles nodding. "And I'm good. Wait, is Bucky back? If he's here then why am i- wait, oh." She stops as all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

You grin sheepishly at her.

"(Y/N), no. Why would you do this to me! You know I don't like him!" She wines.

"Oh come on Moira! Steve's a really nice guy! And please do it for me? I've had a rough day okay." You pout.

"Why what's wrong?" She frowns.

"Bucky got his orders." You say quietly, fighting to choke back the tears again. "He leaves tomorrow."

Moira's face drops.

"Oh my gosh (Y/N) I'm so sorry!" She gasps and envelops you in a hug.

"It's okay, no I'm okay. He's going to be fine. We just need to enjoy tonight while it lasts and he will be back before I know it." You say in a strained voice.

"Exactly." She smiles at you.

You look around. A big crowd is building. Everyone will want to see Howard Stark's latest crazy invention.

After a few minutes you spot two silhouettes heading in your direction. Judging by the stature of the taller man compared to the far smaller one you're sure that it's them. Your suspicions are confirmed when the taller one waves out.

"Oh look they're here! Hey Bucky!" You shout and wave them over to you. "Come on!" You say to Moira grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the two boys that are striding towards you two.

"Ugh, you owe me one." You hear her groan as she trails behind you.

As you get closer to the boys you catch sight of Bucky's million dollar grin. But oh god, that's not what really gets your attention.

He's wearing his army uniform.

Why would he do that to you? It's only going to make tonight ten times harder. You know it's pretty normal for the soldiers to wear their uniforms around but it just breaks your heart even more right now.