Haunted House

Every town has that one house that nobody wants to go near. The neighbourhood haunted house. No normal person would ever want to step foot within one mile of the place.

The problem is, Bucky and Steve aren't normal.

"Come on doll we have to go!" Bucky exclaims and tugs on your arm.

They've somehow wound up on your doorstep and ten o'clock at night, tugging on your arm and insisting you come check out the local creepy joint with them.

"Yeah (Y/N)! It'll be fun!" Steve adds excitedly.

"No guys are you crazy?" you ask incredulously. "You'd have to be insane to go in there. Especially at this time of the night. People reckon they've heard someone screaming inside when they've walked past it before."

"Doesn't that just make you want to go even more?"

"No!"

~

How did you end up here? Last time you checked you had told them that you weren't going.

Oh that's right. They literally dragged you kicking and complaining.

"Do you guys enjoy torturing me like this?" you ask in shock as you look at the obviously haunted mansion before you.

"Oh yes very much." Bucky nods teasingly.

A shiver runs down your spine. It looks like something out of a horror movie.

The house is old and rundown, built out of the way of all the other houses, three stories high and surrounded by rusty fences overgrown with thorns. It has clearly been abandoned for years with it's overgrown grass and smashed windows.

A breeze picks up causing the autumn leaves to scatter across the pavement around your feet where you stand outside the gates that creak and strain against the padlock as the wind pushes at them, demanding entrance. You swear the house looks like it is swaying and might fall over if you touch it.

"Ah guys, I don't really think we should go in there." You frown disapprovingly.

"Nonsense (Y/N/N), it'll be fine!" Steve answers.

"You do realise how many times people have probably said that and then died?" You exclaim.

"Don't know and don't care," Bucky says absentmindedly as he surveys the area.

It's a cloudless night, the pale moon poking out from behind the house provides just enough light for you to be able to see Bucky's gleaming blue eyes scanning up and down the fence trying to find the best place to scale it.

"I think here's our best bet," he finally decides.

"Oh shoot, I can't climb that high, I'll have to head home. Well, you guys have fun now!" You say sarcastically as you start to walk away.

"Don't even think about it doll." Bucky sighs and you feel him grabbing your sleeve and spinning you around. "You're coming with us."

"Yeah, if we go down you go down with us." Steve chimes in maniacally.

You gasp and look at him terrified.

"Okay well that's a little too sinister, there will be no going down on this night," Bucky assures you and leads you over to the gate. "So I'll go first since I am a pro at jumping fences." He smirks and you can't help but roll your eyes and you hear Steve scoff too. "Then (Y/N) you jump up and I'll help you over the other side. Steve you wait here in case she needs help and then try to get yourself over without falling on this side of the fence and we can catch you from the other side if you fall."

"Wow thanks for your belief in me," Steve remarks.

"If he falls?!" you exclaim.

"I won't fall trust me," Steve says cockily.

"That's what you said last time punk," Bucky teases.

"Shut up Jerk."

Not wasting another second, Bucky jumps up and grabs the top of the fence since he's tall enough to and effortlessly hoists himself up, teeters on the top bar for a second then jumps over the other side, landing expertly.

You can't help but swoon at the thought of how strong and talented he is. Being friends with Bucky Barnes is both a blessing and a curse.

"Ah, see? Easy." He huffs as he turns around and brushes off his top. "Your turn now doll."

"My god you're like a little monkey! There's no way I'll look like that." You laugh.

"Doesn't matter how you look as long as we get you over in one piece." He smiles through the bars. "Now come on, just pull yourself up."

"I can't believe I'm doing this." You shake your head as you clumsily try to pull yourself up the fence.

Once you reach the top you see Bucky's hands extended and waiting for you so you grab them and let him bare most of your weight as you jump over the other side.

A little squeal leaves your lips as you stumble a little bit having to lean on Bucky's chest for support.

"Woah there, you okay?" He chuckles as he holds onto you.

"Mhm," you mumble embarrassed and then look up into his beautiful blue eyes.

You catch yourself for a few seconds and can't help staring, clearly so does he because neither of you look away.

"Oi you two, I'm still here!" Steve clicks his fingers at you guys through the gaps.

"Oh right, sorry Stevie. Come on up." Bucky murmurs and shakes his head to clear it.

It doesn't take long before all three of you are over the fence and walking up the pathway to the mansion.

"Guys I'm scared." You whimper.

"Oh wow I never would've guessed it." Bucky scoffs.

"If I get killed it's on you guys."

"Not if we get killed too." He teases in an ominous voice.

"Raaaa!" Steve suddenly shouts and leaps on your back.

"Ahh!" You scream completely terrified.

The laughter of both boys fills the silence. Bucky is doubled over struggling to breath and Steve has slid off your back and is literally rolling on the floor.

"Oh my god we aren't even inside yet." Bucky cries tears of laughter and wipes his eyes. "Wooh!"

"I hate you guys," you grumble and cross your arms.

These boys are going to drive you insane one day.