The Howlies (Part 9)

Time skip to a couple of months later (just to be clear):

"What are we going to do when you start showing really obviously?" Bucky mumbles quietly as the two of you lie in bed together in the early hours of one morning, propped up on his side and tracing delicate circles on your tummy with his thumb.

"I don't know. I'm kind of hoping this will all be over by then." You sigh, staring at the tent roof.

"Doll, I hate to say it but I think this is all going to take a whole lot longer than that. You've already got a little bump. This is a war we are fighting here and they don't just happen overnight." Bucky huffs.

"I know, it's just wishful thinking. But I really don't know. I guess we will just have to tell everyone, they're going to find out eventually. It's not like it's my fault or anyone here's fault." You shrug.

"I'm glad you understand that doll because you shouldn't have to feel bad about this." Bucky smiles and pulls you in closer to his side.

"I'm just more worried about what's going to happen when the time comes and the baby's born, what am I meant to do then?" you state as worry creeps up on you as your motherly instincts kick in. "I don't want the baby to be on danger. I want them to be safe. I know I said that I don't want this child to ruin my life but I really do care about it now already. They're mine."

Suddenly to your surprise tears start to prick at your eyes at the thought of this.

"Hopefully you can go home to look after it?" Bucky's suggests.

"I don't want to go home," you protest. "I don't want to leave you."

"I don't know then doll." Bucky sighs and shakes his head. "But whatever happens I'm going to be here to support you through it all, right by your side. Because I love you and even though it's not my child I want what's best for them and you."

Your heart swells as he presses a kiss to the side of your head.

"Thank you Bucky." You smile and hug him back.

"Alright Howlies! Rise and shine and gather round!" Steve's voice suddenly shouts throughout the campsite.

"Op there we go, up and ad'em." Bucky grunts as he instantly sits up and swings his legs off the bed, pulling on his shirt and boots while you follow suit, making sure your top is only loosely tucked as you have been doing lately to hide your tiny bump.

The two of you trudge outside, rubbing your eyes and yawning and walk over to where Steve is waiting with a map already spread out over a table.

"So Stevie, what's the plan for today?" Bucky asks as everyone begrudgingly makes there way over.

It's still dark out, the only source of light you have to see is a lantern and the moon.

"We've received a tip off from base that a train that's going to come past a nearby ravine later today has been hijacked by Hydra. Peggy and the Colonel seem to be sure that Zola is on board and he's transporting Hydra's weapons to a new base that is hidden somewhere we don't know," Steve explains seriously, pointing at the map. "We're here and this is where the train should be coming past at 12:34pm. It's a bit of a walk but if we leave soon we can get there."

"Okay so what's the plan?" Gabe asks.

"If we can get a lookout spot from somewhere up high then we would have a big advantage over Zola. He won't know we are coming and we will be able to see the train from far away. What I'm hoping is that we can get a zip line down to the cliff where the train will be and when it comes past Buck, I know you're not going to like this, but I want you and Gabe to come with me and we're going to zip line down onto the train and intercept Zola-"