Sick To My Stomach

Bucky's POV:

The houses whiz by in a blur as we drive down the busy road on our way out for dinner. I reach over and grab my beautiful girlfriend (Y/N)'s hand as it rests on her thigh.

A ball of nerves sits in my stomach, she has no idea that I'm going to propose to her tonight.

Out of the corner of my eye I see her look up at me so I turn and flash her a loving smile for just a split second.

And it was just a split second too much. Perhaps if I hadn't I would've been able to see it coming, to break in time.

But I don't.

It's not my fault, we were simply going the way that we were meant to. Yet that doesn't mean that I don't feel guilty.

As I turn back to face the way that we are going I barely have time to register the car that comes speeding out of a side street before it comes smashing into us on (Y/N)'s side of the car.

I hear her scream a blood curdling scream of pain which fills me with dread and the next thing I know we have skidded out and I'm being jolted violently all over the place. When we finally come to a stop it takes me a few seconds to get my bearings back.

I'm in a daze. My vision is fuzzy, my ears are ringing, my head is spinning.

I groan in pain. I'm pretty sure that I can feel hot blood trickling from my nose, my right arm is on fire and my neck is in agony.

But through all of this I cannot help but think about the fact that I can't hear any noise coming from (Y/N). Normally in a situation like this she would be crying or at least whimpering.

I turn my head to look at her. It takes a few seconds for my sight to be clear but I can tell that she seems to just be lying there.

"(Y/N)?" I whimper and reach across the car to her. "Doll can you hear me?"

I hear her moan and start to notice that she is breathing in quick, short, sharp breaths.

I manage to crawl into a position where I can look right at her. She gasps as I take her head into my hands and her face is full of pain.

"(Y/N), honey are you okay?" I ask her in a frantic, hushed voice.

She doesn't reply, kind of just groans in pain, mumbles something incoherently and very faintly before her eyes that were never really focussed on me to start with role back in her head and her mouth becomes slightly ajar and she goes unconscious.

"No." I mutter to myself as dread envelopes me. "No. No. (Y/N) no! Come on baby stay with me please. Please wake up." I say getting increasingly panicked and gently shaking her head and stroking her cheek with my thumb.

When I take my hand away from her head I discover that it is slick with her blood. She must've hit her head on the car door.

I wouldn't be surprised, now that I get a better look at it the whole door is completely dented in. My own door is busted up enough with a smashed window.

Forgetting my own pain immediately I instantly scramble out of the car and run around to her side of it where I struggle to rip open her door and drag her lifeless form out.

"Help!" I start to yell as I carry her bridal style and stumble down the street. "Somebody please help me!" I beg, too caught up to worry about anything else like the car that smashed into us.

"I'm so sorry." Someone suddenly exclaims, latching onto my shoulder and forcing me to look at them. "I didn't mean to. I-I wasn't looking where I was going." The man says.