Rekindling a Romance (Part 6)

A/N: After that last one here's something a lot more happy... You and Bucky's wedding! (I'll leave it up to you to imagine how you look.)

You slowly walk down the aisle of the church, your fathers hand on the small of your back guiding you along. Through the intricate lace of your veil you can see him, standing at the end of the aisle, in the middle of the pews.

There is your fiancé, Bucky Barnes. He is facing the priest, his back turned to you but you know he looks handsome without having to see his face.

The beautiful wedding arch and stained glass window adorn the scene perfectly. As the classic music plays there was a quiet rustling when everyone begins to turn around and gasp at the sight of you.

Strangely, this isn't how you expected your wedding day to go. You always thought you'd be a nervous wreck and that nothing would go right, that it'd just be your typical, quiet, small wedding from the 1930's. But here you are, no knots in your stomach, everything running smoothly and when you were planning this day Bucky insisted that you only had the best of the best; in other words, it was big and beautiful and perfect. None of those worries you expected to have like tripping over your dress have even crossed your mind.

Finally, Bucky turns around, slowly shuffling on each foot. When he sees you his jaw drops to the floor. You will admit that when you looked in the mirror you did think you looked very pretty but the look in Bucky's eyes - a mix between pride, amazement and awe - makes you feel a new kind of way, a warmth in the pit of your stomach. And you wonder why you two ever doubted your love for each other.

Bucky himself looks handsome as hell. He looks good enough in his everyday get up let alone now that he's in a suit with styled back hair and clean shaven cheeks. You'll never get tired of looking at that face. You feel like the luckiest girl in the world, not only is he good looking but he has the personality to match it.

His suit is black and tailored perfectly around his shoulders, waist and legs. He wears a crisp white shirt underneath and a perfectly tied silver tie is done up around his neck. His hair is slicked back into smart waves with a single curl in the front. The silver tie bringing out his blue-grey eyes against his olive skin.

Your bridesmaids smile at you encouragingly and Steve who stands right next to Bucky claps him on the back. They exchange a quick goofy grin and you can see Steve wiggle his eyebrows causing Bucky to smirk.

Before you know it you are at the end of the aisle. All you want to do is hug and kiss Bucky already, the bouquet in your hands is probably the only thing reminding you not to do so.

You can't help the huge smile that tugs your lips up, one similar on Bucky's face but it's lopsided and goofy like usual. As he reaches out his hands you pass off your bouquet to your sister - the maid of honour - and clasp your hands in his. He looks down at them and squeezes slightly before smiling up at you even bigger.

"You look absolutely beautiful doll," you hear him whisper sweetly to you just as the priest starts to speak.

You don't really listen at the start, you're just too transfixed on Bucky and he the same with you. But when it comes to your vows, the ones you each personally made up, you know them off by heart to say them without looking at any notes or stumble over your words because they mean so much to you and are all true.

"I vow to stand by your side through everything  you go through," Bucky says in a deep, loving, serious voice. "No matter what happens we will get through it together, because as a team we are unstoppable. I'm so lucky to have found the person who fits me absolutely perfectly, my soulmate. I love the fact that you are completely honest with me, I know I can always trust you. If you think what I'm doing is right you will support me, if you think I'm being a complete idiot you will tell that to me straight too."