Watching From The Sidelines

You and Steve stand to the side of the latest stall that Bucky is outside of trying to win a stuffed bear for his date, Dolores. It was bad enough that you had to watch your crush hanging out with another girl but now you are genuinely just becoming impatient. Steve and you have now been following them around different attractions that only they wanted to go to for the past two hours now and it's starting to get ridiculous. It's like you and Steve are just watching from the sidelines of a boring football game.

"Ugh man can we just go home?" You groan and lean your head on Steve's shoulder. "Screw them, they can find their own way."

"It's killing you isn't it? Seeing him with another girl." Steve huffs.

"Wow really? How'd you know?" you say sarcastically.

"And as tempting as it is, we can't do that to Buck. It's like two hours on the train even to get back home from here."

"Well then he can either walk or just have a fun night sleeping on the sand dunes of Rockaway Beach. It won't be that bad, I hear the smell of the seaweed drives away pests," you say fed up. "We already aren't going to be getting back until late."

Steve let's out a laugh. "Do you want a hotdog?"

"If your offering. I'm starving, you know, because it's dinner time," you say the last part a little louder in hopes that Bucky might hear.

You watch as he wanders off and then turn back to where you can see Bucky laughing his head off with his arm around Dolores's waist as she tries to throw a ball and knock down a stack of milk bottles.

"Here you go," Steve suddenly says, interrupting your thoughts.

"That was quick?"

"Yeah, because everyone is heading home," Steve shouts hoping that Bucky might take a hint.

"What does he even see in her? She's not even that pretty and she has no personality." You scowl, clearly jealous as the pair continue to be lost in their own world.

"Don't be mean (Y/N)," Steve tuts. "She's nice enough. I'll admit that I agree that she doesn't seem a good match for Buck but whatever floats his boat. He'll get over her soon enough and who knows? Maybe he'll finally see what's right in front of him," he adds kindly.

"Here's hoping." You roll your eyes. You used to blush at those kind of comments but now you're just fed up of waiting for that to come true.

Finally, when you've just finished your hotdog Bucky and Dolores come trotting over to you guys.

"Oh you guys ready to go yet?" Steve asks, not even trying to hide his annoyance.

"Yeah we think so." Bucky breaths, flashing Dolores a charming smile as he slips his hand into hers making you boil with anger.

"You sure you haven't had enough time?" You chip in sarcastically.

Bucky frowns at your mood, oblivious to the issue.

"Um, yeah I think we're done right Dot?" He turns to her confused.

Dot. Great, she has a nickname now.

"Yep." She smiles cheerily, the complete opposite to your mood.

"Great, I'm just going to walk Dot to the bus stop where she's meeting her mum, I'll meet you guys at the station," he explains.

"Be quick, the last train leaves soon," Steve points out.

"I won't be long I promise." He shakes his head before turning to leave, Dolores leaning into his side.