The Howlies (Part 3)

You can't think straight.

You can't breath.

It feels like the world is spinning.

Bucky's gone. They took him. He won't be coming back.

"W-what?" you stutter breathlessly.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N), we tried to stop them but they had guns and he was too weak to fight them off. He could barely hold his own weight up," Gabe says sympathetically.

"He was really sick, maybe it's for the best," Falsworth says kindly in an attempt to cheer you up.

You know he means well and he's a sweet man, but this comment really grinds your gears.

"You know they don't let the guys who they take away die peacefully. Bucky will be made to suffer," you say, your voice sounding hollow as you slide down against the wall in front of the two men.

You don't know why you feel so empty. Sure, you and Bucky were close and you confided in each other, but this feels like more. It's weird. It isn't just like you're sad that he's gone, distraught doesn't even cover it. You feel like part of you is missing.

                              ~~~~

The next few days pass by ridiculously slowly. You didn't realise how much you relied on Bucky to keep you sane in this place, how much you looked forward to seeing him at the end of each day.

You feel dull and lonely and cold. You're sick too. You feel really nauseous and have even thrown up a few times. You're energy is at an all time low and you are actually starting to think that you might be on your way out too. You can't help but think that dying would be so much better than living in this hell and wonder what they will do to you when you become too weak. Probably just carry on with their 'business' without caring. 

Sometimes you catch yourself thinking about what they could be doing to Bucky right now, if he's in pain or if he's even still alive.

                              ~~~~

There is a loud thud as something hits the roof of your cell. Everyone looks up to see a body with the uniform of a guard on unconscious and another man dressed in a leather jacket, a pilot helmet and holding a funny looking shield standing over him stealing his keys.

All of you in your small cell curiously get to your feet and look up at him.

"Who are you supposed to be?" Gabe asks quietly.

"I'm Captain America," the strange man mumbles as he looks around alertly.

What? Who does this guy think he is? Coming in here dressed all weirdly, knocking out a guard and declaring himself Captain America? Surely you would've heard of him if he had that high of a rank.

"I beg your pardon?" Falsworth frowns, mirroring your thoughts.

The guy runs off before answering but quickly shows up again - almost top quickly for the distance he would've had to go you can't help but think - going along all the cells and unlocking them.

"What's going on?"

"Where are we going?"

There are a few confused murmurs from people who can't see well.

Cautiously you file out of your cell towards the back of the group. You catch up to Dum Dum Duggan who is standing with another prisoner. You only catch the end of the conversation but by the sounds of it Dum Dum offended him and you wouldn't be surprised knowing him. He's a lovely guy but he needs to learn to control what he says sometimes.